Dashboard upgrade from F/L TC to ‘S’

Batteries, Alternator, Wiring, Lighting, etc. (Please discuss ignition problems in the Engine category)
johnfrancis898
Groupie
Groupie
Dashboard upgrade from F/L TC to ‘S’

#1 Post by johnfrancis898 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 pm

I decided to upgrade to the ‘S’ dash so as to have a rev counter so a good specimen was acquired from The Welsh Wizard. After a bit of good advice from Johnnydog the job was done with ease and it all fitted well. Unfortunately the rev counter would not work and intensive investigation revealed the ballast resistor and rev counter wires had been taped up and tucked back in the loom. Also an additional wire had been fitted direct to the top fuse which is a white wire feeding the green wire circuit and a 12v coil fitted so as to bridge out the ballast resistor wire. So had a look at the coil and replaced it with a good spare of the correct spec (6v) and stripped out the additional wiring and then connected up the ballast resistor and rev counter wires as per the wiring diagram. The old girl started first time and rev counter also worked so overall well pleased with the end result. There was some confusion on the ignition side of things so I will post about this in the IGNITION section. This upgrade is well recommended and I am sure has also been completed by others.
Member no. 7941.

2500TC Mk 2 saloon 1976 od/PAS BRG