New exhaust fitted

Engine Oily Bits, Ignition, Fuelling, Cooling, Exhaust, etc.
Stevey
New exhaust fitted

#1 Post by Stevey » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:44 pm

Hello all,
just had a Chris Witor semi-sport exhaust fitted to my 2500S. Experience has shown how quickly these types of job can turn turtle so I asked a small, local garage to fit it and they were more than pleased to do so.
I'm glad I did. 2 studs sheared off on the manifold - fortunately, I ordered spares as well as a new manifold gasket which was also needed as the studs needed to be drilled out and the threads re-tapped.
The job took longer than they expected however the result was well worth the wait and cost. It was a very experienced mechanic that saw the job through from start to finish and it's clear how much pride he took in his work. He really enjoyed working on it as it made such a change from modern cars and he had to use his ingenuity regarding some of the mountings.
All in all, very happy with the look and the sound so can recommend. I'll be leaving some feedback on CW's website regarding the exhaust but suffice to say, very happy.
Thanks for reading.

Steve
'77 2500 S Auto
'12 Triumph Thunderbird Storm

iani

Re: New exhaust fitted

#2 Post by iani » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:57 pm

Glad to hear you're pleased with it, I have the same fitted to my Mk2 PI Saloon and another one ready to go on my Mk1 Estate when I swap the engine for a 2.5 unit soon.
1966 2000 Mk1 Estate - Cherry Red (2.5 PI conversion)
1968 Mk1 GT6 - Wedgewood, 2.5l Triple DCOEs
1973 2.5 PI Saloon - Honeysuckle

Stevey

Re: New exhaust fitted

#3 Post by Stevey » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:46 pm

Thank you, it just sounds right for the car.
Good luck with you engine swap.

Steve
'77 2500 S Auto
'12 Triumph Thunderbird Storm