What is this camshaft?

Engine Oily Bits, Ignition, Fuelling, Cooling, Exhaust, etc.
Llessur
What is this camshaft?

#1 Post by Llessur » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Any thoughts on this camshaft profile for a stock rebuilt 2500 S engine which will be running on twin SUs?

I sent my 307621 for a regrind but the specs on what's come back doesn't seem to match the profile I expected. From what I can find online it's pretty close to the 311399 camshaft profile. Paperwork says it's a Wade profile 0480B but I can't find any details about that.

I admit camshafts and timing boggle my mind somewhat so I'm not sure whether to kick up a fuss about this or whether to just fit it and forget about it. I'm not a particularly spirited driver but obviously don't want to go through the hassle of an engine rebuild to end up driving around in something unnecessarily asthmatic.
Adelaide, South Australia (ex-Brighton, UK)
1977 2500S - White

My 2500 blog: https://triumph2500blog.wordpress.com/

torque2me

Re: What is this camshaft?

#2 Post by torque2me » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:59 pm

Llessur wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:24 pm
Any thoughts on this camshaft profile for a stock rebuilt 2500 S engine which will be running on twin SUs?

I sent my 307621 for a regrind but the specs on what's come back doesn't seem to match the profile I expected. From what I can find online it's pretty close to the 311399 camshaft profile. Paperwork says it's a Wade profile 0480B but I can't find any details about that.

I admit camshafts and timing boggle my mind somewhat so I'm not sure whether to kick up a fuss about this or whether to just fit it and forget about it. I'm not a particularly spirited driver but obviously don't want to go through the hassle of an engine rebuild to end up driving around in something unnecessarily asthmatic.
Why not send CW the info and ask for his view?

Kev