Torque Settings Part 2

Engine Oily Bits, Ignition, Fuelling, Cooling, Exhaust, etc.
Joe
Groupie
Groupie
Torque Settings Part 2

#1 Post by Joe » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:01 am

Hi Again,
Got manifolds back on, all looked good but could not get car to run well was overrevving all the time. With the help of a carbie loving friend managed to get to idle reasonably OK, but also diagnosed bad air leak on inlet manifold. So it needs to come off again, possibly was warped when shop fitted manifold heater pipe (see previous post) Hoping to refit on same gasket to avoid removing exhaust manifold, also are there any tips for getting torque settings on all studs even, since cannot use same tool on all nuts due to sizes and accessibility.
Thanks Joe

valencia

Re: Torque Settings Part 2

#2 Post by valencia » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi again Joe,
it's unusual to have a warped inlet manifold I would say unless it was subjected to some sort of extreme pressure during the work you mention. In any case if you still suspect a leak between the head and manifold caused by warping I suppose you will be removing it to check properly, when the manifold is off you can put a straight edge across the mating surface to check, but before you go to this trouble is the manifold properly seated to the head ? When I tighten mine up I use the extension bar and universal joint in the socket set-but as you say it is a little awkward to get at all the nuts.
Michael