Thirlestane Castle - Six Appeal No.192 - Les Cruickshank

Any Triumph related event taking place
quentin
Groupie
Groupie
Thirlestane Castle - Six Appeal No.192 - Les Cruickshank

#1 Post by quentin » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:43 pm

I was delighted to open my copy today, and see the front cover photo, which features Les Cruikshank's car in front of Thirlestane Castle, here in the Scottish Borders. The occasion was the Borders Vintage Automobile Club's (BVAC) Annual Rally this year, arguably the best car show in Scotland. If Les cares to get in touch with me I have a couple more photos of the Show, in which his car features. (I was the Official Photographer for the BVAC at the event, but whenever I was in the vicinity of his car there was no-one around.)
The Show was as usual an excellent occasion, helped this year by superb weather conditions, and had a feature display area for the 50th Anniversary of the 2000. I have to say that I was disappointed by the support given by 2000/2500 owners, just 2 were exhibited in this 'special display area', including Les's car. I had my 2500TC there as an individual entry, but it was rather neglected all day due to my official duties, and of course it wasn't, isn't, a 2000, so I did not consider displaying it in the special area.
I recommend the Register should attend in future years, but understand the logistics of the Scottish Area having a focus more to the north, and there does not appear to be an area Group in Northumbria. I regret I cannot help (pity there isn't a local Area Group for the Border area) due to my commitments with the organising Club, but can someone please consider future attendance. The Show caters for many 'one make Clubs' as well as more general car clubs.
Quentin Lucas, Berwickshire.