2500 for sale

Enter any items seen or placed in other ads, either Ebay, Auto Trader, Local Press, etc.
Forum rules
1. If Ebay, Please state Ebay reference number and/or provide a link. 2. If other, i.e. Auto Trader or Local Press, state date/issue published and location. 3. Please stick to relevant links, i.e. Triumph 2000 related only.
dolomitejohn
2500 for sale

#1 Post by dolomitejohn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi
Anyone know the history / recent condition of this car, VYN32S.

I have checked DVLA MOT history and it suggests advisory's on rear floor near suspension mounts and also end of Sill.

Major or minor work???

Engine in bits in the boot, so not a simple project I know.

Thoughts ?

JOHn

johnconradlee

Re: 2500 for sale

#2 Post by johnconradlee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Sill depends on how bad it is. Advisories can vary from something that's almost rusted through to some surface rust that should probably be treated before it gets any worse. Have a good poke when you have a look. Looking at the MOT history I would be suspicious of the quality of any previous repairs.

If the sill is going at the end it's possibly a sign the whole sill will eventually need doing properly, but assuming it's not too bad you might be able to make a repair and put it off for a 5-10 years.

Depends which rear suspension mounting. Down in the floor pan probably indicates the rear sub frame mount or further forward where the anti-vibration strap attaches. Any welding round there will almost certainly involve dropping the rear sub frame.
John Lee

1966 Triumph 2000 Mk1 "LuLU" (the Lee family Triumph) - various shades of Green and rust - The engine runs, she's alive!!!!