Membership

A group for the sourcing or production of difficult to obtain or unobtainable parts
TedTaylor
Membership

#1 Post by TedTaylor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:59 am

Dave and I have finally managed to sort out the bank account for the Spares Group, sorry for keeping everyone waiting on this but the problems with the bank that we originally decided to use were ridiculous and they kept messing us around so in exasperation I finally resolved the matter by changing my old Windscreens Account to the Spares Group which took me just 15 minutes at my bank ....... and we have a small float as well! As a result we are able to move onto the next stage of the Group and do something about memberships and taking some positive action on things.

Actions to date:
1. After positive discussions with Chris Witor, it has resulted in him getting tooling sorted and production geared up for the reproduction of the seat membranes. As a result I did not pursue the concept of the Pirelli webbing 'kit' which would have been redundant and cost about the same as what Chris is producing.
2. I have continued discussions over the production of re-manufactured heated rear saloon screens. We had options for the discreet form (wire in the glass) but tooling was very expensive and the original type of 'screen printed' heated element coming out at about £100 plus vat was really the logical way to go unless people wanted to pay £250 for a discreet type. Pity as I want one for SCG (Mk1 PI estate) which I understand was the original fitment but a one off will cost me £1000!
I am awaiting prices for estate screens and tinted screens before I put forward an ordering package.
3. The same supplier is prepared to let the Spares group members have glass for the small Triumphs (sports and saloon cars) at or near trade prices. They also have side glass which would be available at a heavily discounted price. Now that we can take Memberships we can put into place a system for implementing this.
4. Over the past months one member has investigated the re-manufacture of script 'Triumph' badges and asked if we can help, and there has been a suggestion that we look into the re-manufacture of copper/asbestos head gaskets. ONCE we have memberships coming in we can pursue these things.
5. Lloyd Reed who is a good friend of mine wanted to do something about the panels situation but felt more comfortable working on his own - he has always had his own business and prefers to work this way. The way things have worked out his decision to go it alone was most certainly the correct thing and he has done a truly fantastic job - I have made the odd input to his plans when asked and if he wants any help in the future we will obviously do all we can.

I must be remembered that at the meeting in Stoneleigh earlier this year, seems a long time ago because so much has happened in our lives - not all for the best - it was accepted that one of the key reasons for the Spares Group was not so much about making stuff ourselves as to encourage others to do it.

Over the next few days I will be sending out e-mails to anyone who was previously interested in the Spares Group with the Membership Application Form and a Draft Constitution which has to be discussed and amended as necessary at the next General Meeting that we hold.

Anyone else who wishes to apply for membership should contact Dave Maton davematon@ntlworld.com or myself ted.taylor@bigfoot.com for membership details. All applications should be returned to Dave, though any queries can be addressed to either of us.

After all the delays we hope that potential members have not been put off and we can develop a strong Group which encourages others to produce rare parts or we organise it ourselves.
If there are any other people out there who would like to help Dave and I then please contact me directly.
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

Lloydpiestate

Re: Membership

#2 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 am

dosh is in the post winging its way to dave as i type.

good work guys

Alan Chatterton

#3 Post by Alan Chatterton » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Just been for a walk with the girls, and posted it on the way.

Thanks
Alan Chatterton

Location; Redditch

DEL 33 1972 Lines Stag Estate Tartan Red

Blog http://vml3m.blogspot.com/

willjan

#4 Post by willjan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Gone tomorrow!!. :lol:

Bill.
jan and bill radford.

65'C' mk1 saloon in black over cactus ,matador int