Seat diaphragms

A group for the sourcing or production of difficult to obtain or unobtainable parts
TedTaylor
Seat diaphragms

#1 Post by TedTaylor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Had a chat with Chris Witor today when I visited him to pick up some stuff. He confirms that following discussions I had with him a couple of months ago he has placed an order for the tooling and re-manufacture of seat diaphragms to put into stock.

There was a small note about this in his last ad. in Six Appeal and they should be with him in the New Year.

Ted
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

Lloydpiestate

Re: Seat diaphragms

#2 Post by Lloydpiestate » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:30 am

nice one ted, good work.

its a long hard slog getting things remanufactured isnt it.

from first discussions about the diaphragms to being available will have taken best part of a year.

i only state this, as some people think im taking an age to get the panels sorted, complexity wise and numbers of diff panels required in relation to the diaphragms are worlds apart, plus i have to travel the country picking up and dropping off the panels , where as the diaphragms were prob posted.

im not crowing, just need people to realise what a slow draw out process it is, as i have had a few messages saying, why is it taking so long

im on it people, dont worry, i promised so i will deliver.

lloyd

TedTaylor

Re: Seat diaphragms

#3 Post by TedTaylor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:43 am

Many thanks Lloyd, and well done for the work you are doing.

I know only too well from the 'Windcreens Project' how long and problematical at times getting things done can be and people do need to have a little forbearance.

We hope to have the Spares group bank account sorted very soon at long last - details and explanation later - but one of the things from the meeting we had in Stoneleigh is that the Spares Group is not just about actually making things, but pushing to get things done or helping things along quietly in the background.

Ted
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014