Update on Spares Group

A group for the sourcing or production of difficult to obtain or unobtainable parts
TedTaylor
Update on Spares Group

#1 Post by TedTaylor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Sorry for not much news recently but after the Stoneleigh Meeting that set up the Spares Group as some will know Steph and I had our personal lives rather fall apart and things are only starting to come together again. This prevented me chasing things up in my roll as Chairman of the Group but things are now starting to sort themselves out.

The Committee had a meeting at the Register National and the important points were:
1. Bank Account is sorted. All those who bought windscreens or have contacted me and expressed interest will be contacted with a membership the form in about a week by e-mail. If anyone who should have had an e-mail does not receive it please contact me, as well as any other people who would like to be involved.
2. We congratulated LLoyd on his work over the panels. It was something we intended to do but with Lloyd doing it independently there was no point - I personally have kept in contact with Lloyd over this.
3. Seat diaphragms which Mike had been chasing have been a problem because potential suppliers dramatically increased their quotes when we were about to place orders. An alternative has been investigated and details will be available shortly.
4. Heated rear windscreen re-manufacture is now being actively looked into.
5. We may be able to offer to members with Triumph small cars (saloon and sportscar) access to glass for their cars at preferential prices.
6. A former that will enable the rubber extrusion moulding kit for the Estates that is available from Chris Witor to be make it easier to cut and prepare is being investigated.

Ted,

On behalf of the Committee:
Ted Taylor Chairman
Mike Weaver Secretary
Dave Maton Treasurer
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014