Woodie to the rescue!

Show us the work you're doing on your Triumph 2000/2500/2.5.
TedTaylor
Woodie to the rescue!

#1 Post by TedTaylor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:44 am

Gordon and I have been slogging away to get the Mk1 PI estate ready for the RBRR but further engine problems have cropped up which mean that being sure of having it ready are in doubt. We had a good think about it a week ago and realised the limitations of how things were going with my health at the moment decided to go to Plan B !

My everyday hack, Woodie the Mk2 2500 estate, has been dragged in to do the job - after all a trip to the National towing a big box trailer mean that it should be OK and Woodie has up to date MOT and tax saving us that worry.

Last Saturday we checked the old girl over and made a list of
1. Necessary jobs such as an extra full service of everything possible on top of the one from before I went into hospital at the end of March, halogen headlights that I have had ready to fit for a year now, getting the petrol pump working properly, and sorting out the back end wobble that sometimes manifests itself.
2. Important jobs such as seeing if we can improve the clutch operation which has been a bit funny for the past year but functions OK, and map reading lights from my period rally parts stores
3. Nice to do jobs like a radio in case we get bored with taking to each other! Or even IF we have time tidying up the scabby bits rather than wait until next year after both the Mk1s were finished.

To be honest it was a wise decision. The sore throat and sniffle which had started the previous week suddenly turned into a full on chest infection needing antibiotics and triggering a heavy bout of my long standing asthma which have kept me inside for the past 7 days - such that as the week progressed I seriously started to wonder whether I would be OK for the RBRR things were so bad with my breathing and coughing fits. An emergency trip to the Doctor and large dose of asthma steroids (which I have never needed before) seem to have done the trick because I have just spent a quiet hour or so in the garage sitting at the workbench reconditioning the fuel pump this afternoon and did not feel too bad.

So the decision by Gordon and myself to abandon getting the Mk1 PI estate ready has proven to be correct - the bottom line being that doing the event is the key thing and using SCG is just a bonus.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS BL**DY EVENT though it does make us wonder whether we should go three up if we can find a member in the Gloucestershire area.

MUT with an emphasis on the 'mad' :shock: :lol:
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

englishbull

Re: Woodie to the rescue!

#2 Post by englishbull » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Sorry hesr that the PI estate won't be on the RBRR Ted............. but better to take care of health etc.

PS listening to the radio?..................trust me I don't think you be finding the time nor concentration to do that......... :?
     Lee Godfrey     Club Member 7075      

1960 948 Herald Coupe in Alpine Mauve
1962 1600 Vitesse Convertible in White
1961 Standard Vanguard estate