A few pics of KNG

General non-technical questions and comments about the cars.
Firewatcher
Groupie
Groupie
Re: A few pics of KNG

#11 Post by Firewatcher » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:21 pm

Nice job, but a vital ingredient looks to be missing - Grease. Saviour of my wagon survived 50 yrs exposed to the Rigours of Nature (and the dreaded road salt). Having said that I have done my share of underbody repairs, but swear by the grease bucket. Always assume that I will be the one having to get them bolts undone the next time.
Pete

Forkie

Re: A few pics of KNG

#12 Post by Forkie » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:42 pm

Mike - I look forward to seeing that , and as always , your comments are most welcome :)
Pete - Yes I take on board your comment. More than likely the pics do not show the following - Every nut and bolt is new, where applicable, and in Stainless Steel,as much as I could. And also every nut and bolt has a coating of Copperslip for final defence. The driveshafts are one to their own - in that they are fully rebuilt, without the 'Bell' boot.
Also, now the car can be actually driven, when the weather improves, its going up on ramps in a proper fashion - I can then attend to what needs attention.
This car would never be used all year round in my ownership in any case - and certainly not in wet weather. My job , and the standard of everyday driving down here puts a stop to that in any case.

Regards,Nige
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!