Suppliers we use and trust

Good suppliers you have used and trust. No naming and shaming. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Suppliers details can be posted here but are by recommendation only - no naming and shaming. 2. The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register does not endorse any company or product. Any recommendation stated on this forum is the personal experience and opinion of the individual only. 3. Suppliers/Traders are not permitted to post on this forum. 4. Any defamatory posts will be removed.
Allen Walker
Re: Suppliers we use and trust

#31 Post by Allen Walker » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 pm

I've used LDparts a couple of times now and have found them to be excellent and very competitively priced. I ordered 4 driveshaft UJs off them and some other bits at 10.30 am yesterday and they arrived today at about 10 am, standard post. http://www.ldparts.co.uk.
Allen Walker
Hoole, Chester[/size]
Used to have a 1976 Triumph 2500S Saloon in BRG :-(

Forkie

#32 Post by Forkie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 pm

I would like to add Mick Dolphin to the list.Received my pair of genuine lockheed cylinders the day after he received my cheque,well packaged and only pence dearer than some suppliers knock out Japanese plastic ones for.And probably cheaper than ebay! Polite guy.I will certainly be using him again.
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!

Peter Douglas W

#33 Post by Peter Douglas W » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:49 pm

When trying to find some number plate lenses with seals. I contacted Rimmer they sent me some lenses. No seals, upon enquiring they said I had cancelled the order!!!!!!!!!!! This was new to me. It turned out they only had one, which was the wrong one and therefore automatically cancelled the order but you only know when you get the bill for the parts. When 50% of the order came it was for some strange make of car but never for a Triumph. They gave me my money back.
So I tried Earl Parts, exlained what had happened and the said to my suprise if we don't have then Rimmers won't have it as they get thier parts from us. So what happened? Earl parts sent me 2 lenses that were completely wrong. After a couple of tel calls and measuring the glass they came to the conclusion that there were the wrong parts. I now have the right parts but no seals.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.

tony

#34 Post by tony » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 am

In the past I have used Gower and Lee for SU needles.
Just bought some needles for my Spitfire. Find them quite a bit cheaper than Burlens, friendly and good service to New Zealand.
1976 2500 TC. converted to S specs.

Lots of bits

1999 BMW Z3.
2006 BMW 325ti.
Hopefully not needing too many bits.

CAR

#35 Post by CAR » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Went on a mini roadtrip to TD Fitchett with my mate (and fellow register member) John Kelly.
John needed a pair of front wings for his mk1 2000 estate, the one which we brought back from Devon April last year (see my blog).
Never been before but heard good things about them from John and I know Dad has used them before too. Excellent service, very friendly guys and lots in stock.
They also have a few cars and bikes there belonging to Tony Fitchett including a 248 mile from new '61 Herald 1200!
I got some bits for me, Dad and my sister (1500HL Dolomite owner)

Recommended whole heartedly and worth ringing to see if they have it.

Colin.
Colin and Amanda Radford
Register Show Organisers and Directors
'75'N' 2500S CARMINE ESTATE France easter'09, RBRR'10,'12. TEAM 48 RBRR'16 'HOE'
'71'J' 2.5PI VALENCIA SALOON France easter'10, RBRR'14 'FRanK'
'69'G' VALENCIA SALOON c/w BMW 2.5 24valve and 5spd box 'JO'

Toledo Man

#36 Post by Toledo Man » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 pm

I will recommend the following (in no particular order).

T.D. Fitchett
Chris Witor
James Paddock
Wins & Co
Canley Classics
Mick Dolphin
Toledo Man

1972 Triumph Dolomite 1850 auto (the rolling resto)
2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (the modern)
Check out my Blog HERE

"I can help you stop smoking in bed. Buy a water bed and fill it with petrol." - Bob Monkhouse OBE (1928-2003)