mk1 steel wheel

Registered users may post ads for parts/spares here. No complete cars unless for breaking. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Strictly no trade advertisements - private ads only. 2. No complete cars (unless for breaking) must be advertised on here. Parts and spares only. Complete cars must be advertised via the main website only which is free for Members and £5 for non-members. 3. Maximum 4 pictures for any one ad. 4. Sensitive communication should be by Private Message - placing of personal information anywhere on this forum is done at the individuals risk.
TobyC
Groupie
Groupie
Re: mk1 steel wheel

#21 Post by TobyC » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Many thanks. Its with the help of the Forum and the register members that the car is slowly improving. I'm just the current custodian !

Glad wheels are done and Mk1 steering wheel fitted (although no horn at present - I just couldn't get the horn brush to fit in the steering wheel - manual says lightly grease but I resorted to hitting it with a hammer and I still couldn't get it to fit in the wheel (brush from CW and steering wheel was NOS). I might 'ream out' the hole in the steering wheel to make it fit although I assume it has to be tight to avoid moving.

Last major job is the dash / centre cubby hole and then just minor trim (choke knob etc) to sort and I'll be happy! Car is on the road most days so I'll leave the halogen headlight upgrade, aftermarket fan and inertia seatbelts as 'sensible' daily motoring upgrades, but I'm a fan of originality so I'll always hanker after an unmolested example ... maybe some day.
Toby Crayden
Register member 7985
Gravesend, Kent
1965 Mk1 Triumph 2000
1969 MG C Roadster
2018 Mini Cooper
2020 Range Rover