DRAIN HOLES-FRONT WHEELARCH/SILL

Everything that keeps your car in contact with the road, and from contacting other road users.
Bazzamech
Groupie
Groupie

#1 Post by Bazzamech » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:23 pm

There are no drain holes under the rear of the front wheelarches on my 2.5S ESTATE. Due I think from some repair work carried out on the arches, before I bought the car. Should I drill some replacement holes, and if so,where?
Thanking you,
       Bazzamech...New Member No. 7241.

Steve

#2 Post by Steve » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:44 am

I expect it would be a good idea to put some holes in, not sure where though. If no holes are drilled the sills will fill with water more easily.  A lot of water runs down a drain from the bulkhead behind the wings, this then slowly fills the sills up, especially if you park nose downhill. Might be worth looking at a car with good sills on to see where the holes are.  

Alan Chatterton

#3 Post by Alan Chatterton » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:08 pm

YES!!!
Drill holes now whilst you still have some sills left!! Drill them on the underside of the sill, at the front, at the bottom of the front wing.
Also, drill one at the back behind the rear jacking point. Don\'t forget to put some rust inhibtor and paint over the fresh metal you have just exposed and keep them clear of debris. Only need to be small (suggest using an 8mm drill bit)
Rgds

Alan Chatterton