Abingdonn MG advert

Other technical Issues with the Triumph 2000 range
mike kimmens
Groupie
Groupie
Abingdonn MG advert

#1 Post by mike kimmens » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:46 am

Is it me being dumb? In the October magazine David Manners full page ad states "extensive range of Triumph 2000, 2500 & 2.5 parts" so I went to their website got redirected to abingdon mg website where they list all the other Triumph models but not the 2000. Can anybody enlighten me where am going wrong

johnnydog

Re: Abingdonn MG advert

#2 Post by johnnydog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:17 am

Unfortunately, the Triumph 2000 has always been seen as the poor relation in the eyes of suppliers for general Triumph parts.
I would contact them direct regarding the parts you require - if it then appears that they no longer do parts for the 2000 range, then it must be something that the Register must action to confirm and then delete their adverts from SIXappeal. All advertisers do however have to pay for their advertising, so it surprises me that it has not been picked up by their sales and advertising department if they no longer cater for the 2000 range.
Chris Witor is the obvious port of call for sourcing parts or if unsuccessful possibly consider putting a wanted post on this forum...?
Register Member no. 1596

1967 Mk1 2000 in Gunmetal Grey
1969 Mk1 2000 in Royal Blue
1970 Mk2 2000 in Valencia Blue
1972 Mk2 2.5 PI in Triumph White
1973 Mk2 2.5 PI in Sienna Brown
1976 Mk2 2500S in Carmine Red

mike kimmens
Groupie
Groupie

#3 Post by mike kimmens » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:26 pm

I did email Simon and this was his reply TBH the web site isn't finding a lot of the stock at the moment which is being worked on, so I'm sorry about that. The web site is supposed to be a link to our main stocking system but for some reason there are bits that don't talk to each other!! Its frustrating, I agree.

JoyOfSix

#4 Post by JoyOfSix » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:21 pm

David Manners Group have only been advertising with the Register for the last year or so & are keen to sell to our members.
The fact they sell Triumph parts trading as abingdon MG doesn't do them any favours - however members looking for parts are recommended to phone Simon Carr (himself a MK2 PI owner) who should be able to confirm price & availability. You should receive discount if you provide Simon with your Register membership number. I am unsure as to the breath of their 2000 range stock - whether there is much Big Triumph specific stock or just service type parts shared with other Triumphs I don't know. Certainly worth giving Simon a call though and supporting a Register advertiser.