What part is THIS !!!!!!

Other technical Issues with the Triumph 2000 range
Forkie
What part is THIS !!!!!!

#1 Post by Forkie » Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Not really a 'technical problem' as all was well when laid up :lol: But does anyone know what it is/where it should be? It was half lying across the N/S subframe bolt (inside the car) with the other half buried in a lump of black tar. Measures about 2" X 1".
Attachments
spare part 002.JPG
spare part 001.JPG
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!

Jonathan Lewis

Re: What part is THIS !!!!!!

#2 Post by Jonathan Lewis » Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

If the hole is threaded, it might be a captive nut - some older Jaguars use something similar to provide a fixing point for the exhaust mounting on the rear subframe.

What it might be doing inside a Triumph estate is anyone's guess, unless something similar is used in conjunction with the rear seat mountings. Most likely just dropped and forgotten at some point during production - I once found a complete inner door handle assembly lurking under a rear seat cushion... :roll:
Jonathan Lewis
2.5PI Mk2

Forkie

Re: What part is THIS !!!!!!

#3 Post by Forkie » Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Pity it wasn't a spare mint 'Injection' badge eh :lol: No threads,just a hole.Must of been in before the car was sprayed as some of it got caught,and before the sealant went in as there is no paint where the sealant had covered it.What i cannot understand is how the subframe bolt was installed ,i had to dig it out to get to the bolt head! Very strange.
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!