US-spec 1967 Triumph 2000

Show us the work you're doing on your Triumph 2000/2500/2.5.
tedlit
Groupie
Groupie
US-spec 1967 Triumph 2000

#1 Post by tedlit » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Well.. as I'm about to get it back on the road, I thought it was time to introduce this car back to the world. It's a 1967 2000 4-speed; it's been off the road since around 2004 when the clutch failed. I've had it since 2011, during which time it's mostly taken a back seat to various Jags and old Rovers... but I took care of the clutch in 2013 and since then it's been started fairly regularly .

I finally traced a "lumpy idle" issue down to *two* bent jets last week - as a result, we had our first run on the road over the weekend. Still feels way down on power, but hey - it's *running*.

I don't know a great deal of the car's history; I bought it near Seattle and there's no rust on it anywhere so I'm guessing/hoping it's never been near a salted road. The paint finish was horrible when I got it; the bonnet in particular was really badly pitted. It's not great now - and it's not in its original colour - but it is *a* signal red!

The interior is let down by the headliner, which is ripped in several places.. surprisingly, all the electrics work and the heater does an excellent job of filling the interior with slightly warm dead leaves.

Hopefully, more to come as I work through the remaining things. The only part that the car's missing is the bonnet badge, which appears to be made out of finest unobtainium!
Attachments
IMAG2021-small.jpg

englishbull

Re: US-spec 1967 Triumph 2000

#2 Post by englishbull » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Nice car and if you want swap those clear indicator lenses for a nosecone badge I may be able to help

:? :)
     Lee Godfrey     Club Member 7075      

1960 948 Herald Coupe in Alpine Mauve
1962 1600 Vitesse Convertible in White
1961 Standard Vanguard estate

Larry May
Newly registered

Re: US-spec 1967 Triumph 2000

#3 Post by Larry May » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Good to see another 2000 on the road. Will you be bringing it to the ABFM at PIR Labor day? Are you a member of PTOA? Ray Marty and Ian Boundy are good local TR2000 resoures for information about your car.
Those clear turn signal lensed are very hard to come by. I have seen nose emblems several times on Ebay. And I have bought a few, just in case I ever need another. The metallic paint often fails from the backside.
Tell me your commission number and I can probably tell you where your car has been seen in the northwest in the last twenty years.

I have several TR2000 parts cars if you ever need anything.

Larry May Tacoma, WA
Member TYEE Triumph Club
cell 253-678-3175