panel remanufacture 2015

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
TedTaylor
Re: panel remanufacture 2015

#91 Post by TedTaylor » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:47 pm

harveycoppock wrote:I'm newish to this - picking up a restoration - though that might be too strong a word for it - I was last at in 2000 when there were more repair panels around. Does anyone know if any front wing wheelarch lower rear repair panels are around anywhere? I see Lloyd has listed full wheelarches in those he has commissioned, but the rest of my arches are OK.
Lloyd did it that way because it is just not practicable to have lots of small wheel arch sections made - just the full ones and you cut off what you needed. Lloyd gets stuff made to order in batches.

MUT
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

harveycoppock

#92 Post by harveycoppock » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 am

OK thanks - this bit was something that Earlpart used to keep, and the rest of it is OK, so I'll see what I can fabricate first. I've fitted full arches to it previously, and repaired the inners, but didn't finish the car, and this area has suffered in storage outside under a sheet for 15 years. I don't think I made a very good job of the structure at the front of the sill though, or water drainage and internal rustproofing.
Last edited by harveycoppock on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lloydpiestate

#93 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:42 pm

hi all,

sorry ive been a bit quiet of late, but im still hard at it, i havent taken my foot off the throttle, still at it every evening and weekend :)

i will be doing the smaller varients of the panels in due course, as i have been asked many times for them, i wasnt going to, but if thats what owners want, along with the other panels, then thats what i will do, but it all takes time, and manufacturers really are such hard work most of the time to deal with.

batch 2 was due to be completed in nov/dec, but still waiting, hopefully in the next two weeks !!

i do order extra panels with each batch, but trying to order the number and variety of panels is difficult to judge, and they always sell before i even recieve them anyway !!

as soon as i hear batch 2 is due, i will let you all know

Lloydpiestate

#94 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:04 pm

forgot to mention,

for those that have ordered, i have a pitch at stoneleigh this year, so if you wish to collect from me there, just let me know, and i will bring your panels along for you. i have ordered exta panels, as so, i will have them for sale on the day, assuming the order is ready in time !!!! or i will be stood there with a stall full of nothing to sell !! my pitch is in hall 3. if i dont know you, please bring photo i.d or your reciept or i will not release panel/s, sorry to sound harsh but there are some nasty pasties out there.

Lloydpiestate

#95 Post by Lloydpiestate » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:45 pm

hi all,

just to let you know that i am taking limited numbers of outer and centre sills with me to stoneleigh ( the proper ones that fit like a glove ) along with the other panels, these always go like hotcakes, SO IF YOU WANT ANY BEFORE THEY ALL GO AT STONELEIGH, email me on lloyd.reed02@gmail.com to reserve what you want, and i can collect from me at stoneleigh to save you the p&p.

alot have already been snapped up, but here is what i have left

MAYBE 1no n/s mk1 outer ( still awaiting payment )

1no o/s mk1 outer

3no o/s mk2 outer

5no n/s mk2 outer

4no o/s centre

4no n/s centre

hall 3 stand 402B
lloyd

Mike Stevens
Site Admin
Site Admin

#96 Post by Mike Stevens » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Me please Lloyd! Looking forward to seeing you there. Bought the on-line tickets on Sunday!

Cheers,
Mike.
(South Oxfordshire)
Register Member No 0355
1971 2.5PI Saloon Sapphire blue
1973 2.5PI Saloon rust some Honeysuckle
1973 Stag French blue
(1949 LandRover was blue should be light green!)

Lloydpiestate

#97 Post by Lloydpiestate » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 pm

hi mike :D

yours are here and paid for, you have ordered the repair ones, the ones in the post above refer to the full outers.

look forward to seeing you and ann as always.

torque2me

#98 Post by torque2me » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Lloydpiestate wrote:hi all,

sorry ive been a bit quiet of late, but im still hard at it, i havent taken my foot off the throttle, still at it every evening and weekend :)

i will be doing the smaller varients of the panels in due course, as i have been asked many times for them, i wasnt going to, but if thats what owners want, along with the other panels, then thats what i will do, but it all takes time, and manufacturers really are such hard work most of the time to deal with.

batch 2 was due to be completed in nov/dec, but still waiting, hopefully in the next two weeks !!

i do order extra panels with each batch, but trying to order the number and variety of panels is difficult to judge, and they always sell before i even recieve them anyway !!

as soon as i hear batch 2 is due, i will let you all know

'ear Lloyd, did you really join the forum in January 1970?

Kev

Lloydpiestate

#99 Post by Lloydpiestate » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:52 pm

hi all,

as you all know, i have had all these panels made because we needed them to save our cars from extinction, and because of my huge passion for these great cars i was not prepared to let them become extinct.

Now, its been a huge learning curve and it is also a work in progress, as i am always trying to offer you all, every panel that we need, but also to better what i'm doing all the time.

Some panels as you are aware are fabricated and some are pressed, in an ideal world all panels would be pressed, but the tooling costs a fortune along with minimum order numbers !!

BUT, i am NOW able to offer PRESSED mk2 front wings, that will be to a size of 7" above the top of the wheel arch and be in straight line from front to rear of the panel, or put another way, at 90 degrees to the door edge of the wing, SO VIRTUALLY TO THE TOP OF THE WING FOLD. the cost each will be £370.00. I can also offer you FULL PRESSED mk2 front wing skins, but it will make your eyes bleed at the cost of them !!!!

ALSO, i am having front floor pans pressed as well, these will cost £85 each.

lloyd.reed02@gmail.com

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS !!!

Lloydpiestate

#100 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:38 pm

hi all,

mk1 and mk2 rear half wing pressed panels also available soon, so between the fabricated panels and the pressed ones, there should be a panel to suit every ones taste and wallet :)

all pressed panels will be to OE spec

long live the t2000 !!