panel remanufacture 2015

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Lloydpiestate
panel remanufacture 2015

#1 Post by Lloydpiestate » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

COPY OF ONE OF THE LAST POSTINGS ON THE OLD THRED

hi paul,

i was thinking the same as you regarding this thred getting rather long and maybe goes off track in places, and did think about starting yet another one ( there are others started somewhere ) but i thought it may confuse things even more !?

i agree with you that an updated clarification would be good, so here it is

1, the mk2 front wings are ready to go with the one manufacturer, all i have do do is make the call, BUT they require a large minimum order, and for me that would mean having 20k or so of panels " sat on the shelf " as i dont have enough confirmed orders.

2, the other manufacture that i am going to see have a smaller minimum order, which means i wont have so much money sat on the shelf ( if any ) and will free me up to get on with the next batch of panels, mk1 or mk2 rears, im uncertain yet which ones first, need to double check " the list ".
i am hoping to get to have a meeting with them in the next 2-3 weeks, but im sure the xmas hols will stall things a bit ?

3, i, like you paul, know the market is there, as on my travels around the country nearly every weekend, most of the triumph owners i speak to have not heard of what i am doing !!!!!!! so goes to prove what i have said all along regarding the very small percentage of owners i am reaching on the fora, but to get all these panels done, its a huge outlay of money so for my own protection i have to make sure its done right, or i will be hundreds of thousands out of pocket and in deep do do !!!

IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME PAYMENT FOR WINGS PAUL, ( AND CARL ALSO ), PLEASE DO SO, AS THE MORE CONFIRMED ORDERS I HAVE WHEN GOING TO THE MANUFACTURE, THE BETTER THE PRICE I CAN THRASH OUT WITH THEM.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS !!!!!!!!!!!

Lloydpiestate

Re: panel remanufacture 2015

#2 Post by Lloydpiestate » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:31 am

hi all,

just to let you know, the meeting went very well on sat and i came away feeling very positive indeed.

all prices for all full and repair panels will be with me by the end of next week and i will make a more indepth posting upon recieving them.

lloyd

TedTaylor

#3 Post by TedTaylor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Well done Lloyd, let's hope the prices match up to your hopes.

Cheers

Ted
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

Lloydpiestate

#4 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:40 pm

hi all,

i have had the prices back and will work through them tomorrow, they look good at first glance and will suit all pockets, i.e FULL mk2 front wings, half wings and arches with front and rear lower sections attatched, inner centre and outer sills full and repair, half rear wings, floor pans, outriggers, and many more

i need an o/s mk2 front wing, a mk2 o/s rear wing, a n/s mk1 / estate rear wing and a mk1 front lower valance, ANY BODY GOT ANY OF THESE THEY WILL SELL ME ???

full update tomorrow or sat

thanks
lloyd

Lloydpiestate

#5 Post by Lloydpiestate » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm

hi all,

here are the prices i have had so far, and i am trying to twist the manufacturers arm to do me a pre production mk2 half front wing in time for me to take to stoneleigh !!!!

mk2 full front wing £495
mk2 7/8 front wing, still awaiting price
mk1 & 2 inner front wing A post closure panel £47
mk1 & 2 inner front wing A post closure repair panel 7" tall from bottom £26
mk2 front half wing £235
mk2 front arch @ a height of around 5", inc front and rear lower sections £205
centre sill £95
centre sill repair panel, finishes 1" abover strengthening holes £55
inner sill repair panel, finishes just under wire loom channel £45, o/s the same
outer sill with nose £130
outer sill repair panel with nose £70
rear spring hanger ( for when c/w runs out ) £45
longitudinal member ( 139248/9 ) welds to platform £95
mk1 & 2 rear half wings @ around 5" above top of arch £195
mk1 & 2 rear wing wheel arches @ height of around 5" £100
front outrigger ( stag ) £35
front floor pan £82 tbc !

prices are comming for, mk1 front wings ( same profiles as mk 2 ) jacking points, mk1 front lower valance and inner outer arch bowls, full and repair.

please remember, i do require the panels that i mentioned in the last post to make all this happen, plus i also need an o/s inner sill, PLEASE HELP ME to help you, and get these panels done finally alowing us to keep our cars alive.

for those that have paid for 7/8 wings, if you just want a half wing or arch now, now that they are available, just let me know and i will refund the difference, im guessing most of us will need no more than a half wing ?!

the minimum order on each panel is far lower than the other manufacturer, but i still need to meet that number, BUT say only one or two people want for example a full mk1 or mk2 wing, it can still be done, it just carries a surcharge

let me know guys who wants what asap so i can get the orders together, as the waiting time for manufacture is around 4-6 months.

YES ! I FINALLY GOT THERE, HOO RAY, hmmmm but what am i gunna do every weekend now lol !!

it goes without saying, THANKS TO EVERONE FOR YOUR HELP, LENDING OF PANELS, GOODWILL, KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT, i couldnt of done it without you !!!!!!!!!!

ONWARD AND UPWARD !!!!

ENJOY YOUR NEW SUPPLY OF PANELS !

lloyd

JimB

#6 Post by JimB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Simply brilliant work Lloyd - now let's start saving Big Sixes! :wink:

TedTaylor

#7 Post by TedTaylor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Lloydpiestate wrote:YES ! I FINALLY GOT THERE, HOO RAY, hmmmm but what am i gunna do every weekend now lol !!
Your own car at last!

Well done mate.

MUT
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

CAR

#8 Post by CAR » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi Lloyd, we will have mk1 and 2 cars on the stand at Stoneleigh. If you are looking for a base for the day with cars there to give people a visual example of where repair sections will cover, you are more than welcome to join us. You know we have tea and coffee all day and it's much easier to tell people where you will be than try and meet up somewhere with them :wink:
I will certainly need a chat with you so it saves me venturing too far with my wheelchair or crutches too :lol:

Colin
Colin and Amanda Radford
Register Show Organisers and Directors
'75'N' 2500S CARMINE ESTATE France easter'09, RBRR'10,'12. TEAM 48 RBRR'16 'HOE'
'71'J' 2.5PI VALENCIA SALOON France easter'10, RBRR'14 'FRanK'
'69'G' VALENCIA SALOON c/w BMW 2.5 24valve and 5spd box 'JO'

Lloydpiestate

#9 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:07 pm

thanks all for the kind words and orders guys via all medias !!! ( email is preferred plz )

just to let you know that i will be posting pics next week of some of the proposed repair panels, allowing you too see clearly what they will be.

thanks to richard brake i now have the n/s/r mk1 & o/s/r mk2 that i needed, but i still need the o/s/f mk2 and the mk1 lower front valance AND i NOW need outer wheel arch bowls, the chap i was buying them from text me yesterday to say he had decided to keep them for use on his cars, although do have the n/s/f one already.

to refresh, along with all the panels i already had, the old manufacturer was supplying me with anything else i needed, but as they were impossible to deal with, i lost that supply of panels, and to make thigs worse, i was offered panels from other owners but didnt grab them thinking i already had everything via the old manufacturer, oh for the want of a crystal ball !!!!

onwards and upwards !!

Mike Stevens
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by Mike Stevens » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:08 pm

Well done Lloyd on getting that information!

I will need to see the extent of the various wings, but I could well change to a part wing and then maybe get some sill panels and/or rear wings too!

I'll speak with you at Stoneleigh.

Cheers,
Mike.
(South Oxfordshire)
Register Member No 0355
1971 2.5PI Saloon Sapphire blue
1973 2.5PI Saloon rust some Honeysuckle
1973 Stag French blue
(1949 LandRover was blue should be light green!)