Estate panels appeal

Registered users may post ads for parts/spares here. No complete cars unless for breaking. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Strictly no trade advertisements - private ads only. 2. No complete cars (unless for breaking) must be advertised on here. Parts and spares only. Complete cars must be advertised via the main website only which is free for Members and £5 for non-members. 3. Maximum 4 pictures for any one ad. 4. Sensitive communication should be by Private Message - placing of personal information anywhere on this forum is done at the individuals risk.
JimB
Estate panels appeal

#1 Post by JimB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 am

Hi all :)

I've got the chance to save a rare MkII PI estate, but it needs all arches doing, plus at least one full sill. The car is too good to break, but it'd be folly to patch repair it to scrape through the MoT.

Of course I'm aware that panels aren't avaiable from the usual suspects, hence my appeal to you. Are you hiding panels away for a rainy day? Do you really think you're going to use them? If not, then I'd love to buy them off you to save this estate, so please don't hesitate and get in touch!

Any help appreciated, thank you :)

ljd
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Estate panels appeal

#2 Post by ljd » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:25 pm

hi jim
i have same problem as you im doing 71 pi estate its mainly o/s front wing for me good luck in your hunt if any spare panels i would also be interested cheers john

Graham
Groupie
Groupie

#3 Post by Graham » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Jim

I'm likely to have panels around stil.

I know I have a new tailgate (saw it yesterday) also likely to have original outer sills,rear wings and door skins. Sorry no front wings but may have some good salvaged ones.

Gra

JimB

#4 Post by JimB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Graham wrote:Hi Jim

I'm likely to have panels around stil.

I know I have a new tailgate (saw it yesterday) also likely to have original outer sills,rear wings and door skins. Sorry no front wings but may have some good salvaged ones.

Gra
I've just sent you a PM :D

JimB

#5 Post by JimB » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 am

Still searching for the right panels at real-world prices :D

TedTaylor

#6 Post by TedTaylor » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Real world prices relate to availability and demand - panels for our cars are in very short supply, NOS/remanufactured or take offs, but are in demand.

Therefore the real world dictates that their value is how badly people want something, and if they really want/need a panel will pay a high price. A fact of life that if you want a panel you pay what is being expected or lose it to someone who will.

MUT
Member 4473 1990
1964 2000 period rally look alike AFH 849B
Morris 1800 London-Sydney/Monte/WCR NAM 616G
Mk1 PI Estate SCG 115G
2500 Estate WDE 76K RBRR 2014

JimB

#7 Post by JimB » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Sadly, I'm well aware of the facts of life Ted...

JimB

#8 Post by JimB » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 pm

No longer required... :|

Alan Chatterton

#9 Post by Alan Chatterton » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Shame, in the previous owners blog he stated it has been sold to a restorer to be rebuilt for a customer, but instead it's listed for sale as is by the trader. Trying to profit without doing anything. I find that sort of thing a bit unpleasant personally.
Alan Chatterton

Location; Redditch

DEL 33 1972 Lines Stag Estate Tartan Red

Blog http://vml3m.blogspot.com/

CAR

#10 Post by CAR » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 am

I think the vendors will be hoping to sell the car to someone, who will as part of the deal, get them to rebuild the car for them. Hence no stated price. The price will be dependant on whether you are taking it away or leaving it with them to recommission or restore.
Better to almost give the car away to someone who will then spend thousands with you getting the car rebuilt.
No Triumph business or classic car business will rebuild a big saloon and then put it up for sale at a loss to themselves. Much better to get a punter to buy the car and finance the rebuild via them.

Sad but true.
Colin and Amanda Radford
Register Show Organisers and Directors
'75'N' 2500S CARMINE ESTATE France easter'09, RBRR'10,'12. TEAM 48 RBRR'16 'HOE'
'71'J' 2.5PI VALENCIA SALOON France easter'10, RBRR'14 'FRanK'
'69'G' VALENCIA SALOON c/w BMW 2.5 24valve and 5spd box 'JO'