national 2014

Any Triumph related event taking place
Mike Stevens
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: national 2014

#151 Post by Mike Stevens » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:50 am

Alan Chatterton wrote:.......amend the wording of the concours rules!!!
I'm sure Charles will love you for that!

The only way really. Or maybe a mobile ANPR system....

Cheers,
Mike.
(South Oxfordshire)
Register Member No 0355
1971 2.5PI Saloon Sapphire blue
1973 2.5PI Saloon rust some Honeysuckle
1973 Stag French blue
(1949 LandRover was blue should be light green!)

ljd
Groupie
Groupie

#152 Post by ljd » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:42 pm

hope you all enjoyed beamish,didnt finish swc untill 7.00pm just needs wash tomorrow so will see you Saturday are their any statics empty as would like to stay over or would i have to get intouch with park cheers john

anth.w

#153 Post by anth.w » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:27 pm

You need to get in touch with Racyredcar on this forum but to be honest I think all statics are taken. Failing that you could get in touch with the site.

Anth

quentin
Groupie
Groupie

#154 Post by quentin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:53 pm

I don't know what happened to the Lindesfarne visit, but I waited in vain for over an hour at the agreed rendezvous point, and no-one else appeared.
Hope the remainder of the weekend's events are better supported.
Quentin

ljd
Groupie
Groupie

#155 Post by ljd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:21 pm

dont know what was arranged for holyisland but they were all their when i had run up nice to see good turnout see you all tomorrow cheers john

quentin
Groupie
Groupie

#156 Post by quentin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Well John, you were luckier than me!
I was told on this Forum that the 'convoy' would regroup at the start of the Causeway about 9.15am, brought forward from 9.30am advised earlier.
I arrived at this rendezvous just before 9.00am, and left at 10.10am, having seen no-one!
As there is only one way on to and off the island I can only conclude that they arrived very early ( and did not wait for the appointed time) or very late, i.e. about 1 hour late.
What time did you get there John?
Hope to see you tomorrow.
Quentin

ljd
Groupie
Groupie

#157 Post by ljd » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:16 pm

a big thank you for coming to northumberland meet up with good few of you had great day special thanks to james and dave for hospitality, our first national looking forward to next one hope you all have good journey home thanks john&joan

quentin
Groupie
Groupie

#158 Post by quentin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 am

As another 'local' along with John I would add my thanks to everyone who came to and organised the National in Northumberland. Tricia and I had a great time on Saturday, and were only sorry that we could not stay for the evening meal, and the AGM on Sunday, due to other commitments. It was our first National with the Register, indeed out first Register event of any type, although we have been active on the classic scene in Scotland and North East England for a number of years.
I have probably appeared a little critical in previous postings, and I apologise unreservedly if I have offended anyone in the process, especially our hard working volunteers who organise the Register and its events. I would like to offer just one piece of 'advice', constructive in intent and hope, and that is there is a little room for improvement in communication with 'new' and 'local' members about what is happening and when at the National, rather than an 'assumption' that everyone knows from previous experience.
In conclusion thanks again to everyone involved, and for the warm welcome from officials and fellow members alike, on the day.
Quentin & Tricia
Scottish Borders

anth.w

#159 Post by anth.w » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi Quentin, Sorry for not replying sooner but for some reason I lost the ability to post on the forum while I was at the National which is why I couldn't continue with the updates. I'm sorry that we missed you at Lindesfarne. I'm not sure how we managed to do that but we entered the causeway just after 09:00 by my car clock. I can only apologise again, I was trying to use the Forum to keep everyone who wasn't camping at the National updated on the events so they could join in as they wished but unfortunately my internet connection just wasn't up to the job. Another lesson learnt for the future :D
On another tack, you didn't by any chance leave a plastic bucket containing a air pump, tyreweld and some cloths behind on the concourse field did you? We had one handed in after the concourse and I think it was from the general area where you car was parked.
I did meet you fleetingly on the day but when I got you a judging form for the car but I didn't realise it was you.
Glad you enjoyed the event

Thanks

Anth

Alan Chatterton

#160 Post by Alan Chatterton » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Another spectacular national, thanks to all concerned!
I had no signal at all on the site, so updates and info was impossible to give.
Full details and events and timings are published, in the welcome packs you get when you arrive and book in. It seems we struggle to cater for visitors who just need to pop in and out of the week.
Perhaps we can try to sort out a way to do this for the future?
Well done to all involved, wonderful time was had by all.
Alan Chatterton

Location; Redditch

DEL 33 1972 Lines Stag Estate Tartan Red

Blog http://vml3m.blogspot.com/