mk2 front wing wheel arch repair sections remanufacturer

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Trevan
Re: mk2 front wing wheel arch repair sections remanufacturer

#11 Post by Trevan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:42 am

Near side one for me depending on the price.

Really admire your hard work on this...

curbo165

#12 Post by curbo165 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I maybe interested in a pair to repair my current wing rather than fitting fiber glass ones. Like most of the replies dependant on the price. Thanks. Andy
Andy

2000 Estate 1972 Restoration

Alan Chatterton

#13 Post by Alan Chatterton » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Do not fit fibreglass front wings!! They make up an important structural part of the front and without them your front end will wobble about and not be strong enough!!
Alan Chatterton

Location; Redditch

DEL 33 1972 Lines Stag Estate Tartan Red

Blog http://vml3m.blogspot.com/

Lloydpiestate

#14 Post by Lloydpiestate » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:24 am

hi everone,

i hope to get the mk2 front wings and the mk1 rear wings to the manufacturer within the next two weeks.

hopefully i will have a price back from them a week after dropping them off, then dependant on how busy they are, and the price is ok, production will begin as soon as possible.

the wheels of industry in this country, sadly, seem to move rather slowly >:( but the end result will be worth the wait as my aim is quality, both in shape of panel and ease of fitment.

i will keep you all informed of developments at every stage.

I NEED MORE HOURS IN THE DAY AND MORE DAYS IN THE WEEK !!!! :shock:

lloyd

SimonO
Groupie
Groupie

#15 Post by SimonO » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 am

I think I need a pair of front wings for mine (I've got some 'home made' ones which look shocking fitted). The lower 1/2 panels would do for me I think...

torque2me

#16 Post by torque2me » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:06 am

LLoyd,
Lloydpiestate wrote:hello everybody,

yet another kind club member has come to our aid and lent me a pair of nos front wings, so i can now get cracking on getting the wheel arch section done and maybe half wings .

im collecting them this weekend and will get them to the manufacturer as soon as i can so i can get you all a price, but the price is determined on how many we want, so who of you out there are interested ?

let me know guys

all the best

lloyd

I had my front o/s done on the Mk.2 last year but that dosen't mean I wouldn't be in the market (have to plan/look ahead).

So, I would be interested in Mk.2 half-wings for both front and back.
If these could not be done on a commercial basis then I would have to be content with repair panels. As othe posts suggest, price does have a bearing on the whole aspect but I think it most people will bite the bullet an pay what is necessary and fair. The only problem I can see is that we might need a tier 1 stockist like Rimmer Bros. to hold stock that we, on a personal level, can't immediately fund.

Keep the forum members posted mate,

Kev

Lloydpiestate

#17 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 am

hi kev,

thanks for that, your on the list.

my problem at the moment is that the manufacturers are very busy and to compound this, staff are taking thier holidays.
also slowing things up, is the fact that tooling is being made, once tooling is made, and things are " up and running ", im assured lead times will be 4-5 weeks from me placing orders.

its taken me alot of calls, emails, mileage, hard work and effort ( not to mention money ) to get to the stage i am at, at present, just bear with me guys and gals and the panels will come :D

andy has fitted one side of the mk1 rear outer arches and first reports are very very good, but again, please be patient and he will post his feedback on completion.

as for stockists, i will order limited numbers over what i need on every panel, plus c/w is having some, but as mentioned, with a lead time of 4-5 weeks once tooling is done, there shouldnt be a problem.

im trying to speed things along as fast as i can guys, and on average spend four hours a day answering / sending emails, calls and forum messages, some days 10 hours :shock:

thanks for all your responses, questions, querries, advice and good wishes, keep them comming as i need to know what you all are thinking and require and most of all thanks to the kind members that have entrusted thier panels to me, in order to make this all possible !!!!!

all the best

lloyd

torque2me

#18 Post by torque2me » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Lloydpiestate wrote:hello everybody,

yet another kind club member has come to our aid and lent me a pair of nos front wings, so i can now get cracking on getting the wheel arch section done and maybe half wings .

im collecting them this weekend and will get them to the manufacturer as soon as i can so i can get you all a price, but the price is determined on how many we want, so who of you out there are interested ?

let me know guys

all the best

lloyd
I will be intereste in half wings for Mk. 2 saloon - front and rear.

Kev

johnnydog

#19 Post by johnnydog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 pm

I would be interested in a pair of mk2 front half wings ( LH and RH) too, as long as the cost isn't toooooo expensive of course!!! When may you have an idea on the cost, as you will no doubt get more concrete orders then?
John
Register Member no. 1596

1967 Mk1 2000 in Gunmetal Grey
1969 Mk1 2000 in Royal Blue
1970 Mk2 2000 in Valencia Blue
1972 Mk2 2.5 PI in Triumph White
1973 Mk2 2.5 PI in Sienna Brown
1976 Mk2 2500S in Carmine Red

Lloydpiestate

#20 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 am

hi john,

thanks for that, your on the list.

hopefully by the end of next week, beginning of next, i should have a price on tooling fot the mk1 front ( although that panel wont be done first, it was just the closest panel of mine they had to hand ) and will be a ball park for the mk2, although the mk2 will be a bit more expensive as its a bigger panel.

also mk1 outer sills and while i was at the manufacturer last week, i dropped them off some aluminium door tred plates to get a price.

if viable, ( cost ) im hoping to get the front wing tooling made to do half wings, as they will then serve to do the full arches, front and rear lower sections and full arches with front and lower sections attatched, so a 5 in 1 tool.

will keep you all posted

lloyd