Roof lining

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Baller
Groupie
Groupie
Roof lining

#1 Post by Baller » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Need to replace the roof lining on my car , any tips on fitment would be much appreciated , got the steel bars in place but the lining does seam a bit big but does look the right one , thanks

Alec

Re: Roof lining

#2 Post by Alec » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 am

Hello Baller,

I'm not sure how far you have progressed but it is a job I have just done and I found it difficult.
The original replacement I bought was quite a thin material and the sleeves for the listing bars were thin linen type material and very tight. I found by cleaning up the light corrosion on the listing bars made it easier to fit them. Putting it in the car was a struggle, the manual said start at the front which I did. The further down the car I went the harder I found it to be to push the listing bars back into their correct position. The seam on the last bar ripped so I had no option but to order another lining. This one, fronm the same supplier was obviously made by another company than the first as it was a thicker material and the sleeves were of the same material as the headlining and slightly less tight. I managed to get this in but it was quite a struggle to stretch it fully back so as to glue the material in place around the rear screen aperture.

Good luck.

Alec

MK1.5 2.5 P.I.
Jaguar MK 2 (Long term restoration.)
Hymer 564 Motorhome.