REAR SEATBELTS-2.5S ESTATE.

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Bazzamech
Groupie
Groupie

#1 Post by Bazzamech » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:17 pm

Hi,
Has anyone sucessfully fitted REAR THREE POINT INERTIA SEATBELTS to a 2.5 ESTATE?
If so, where on the body are the belt mounting bolts fitted please?
Regards,     Barry.

Bazzamech
Groupie
Groupie

#2 Post by Bazzamech » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:12 pm

REAR SEATBELTS- 2.5S ESTATE.
O.K, so forget 3 point inertia belts, what about 2 point fitting STATIC lap belts???
      Barry.

Thorsten
Groupie
Groupie

#3 Post by Thorsten » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:08 pm

Barry,
two years ago a asked this question (3 point belts) in the 2000-register email group (of yahoogroups.com) and here are the essentials of Doug Parfitt\'s answer:
\"I\'ve fitted them to my 2500S estate. I used Securon Type 264 from Rimmers, where they are described as fitting the Acclaim, SD1 and the Range Rover.  The reel fits on the back (Rear) of the rear wheelarches and the belt  drapes over the seat back and down to the outer mounting. Although the  belts are supplied with an upper mounting, this isn\'t used on the  estate as the roof structure cannot support it. The short belt with the clasp is fitted to the inner mounting.
Note that the Rimmer Catalogue (& the Securon website) say to use Type  254 on both the saloon and the estate, but, from experience, the  longer Type 264 is the only one that will fit properly in the estate as they are 50cm longer.\"
\"The reels on my estate are fitted approximately half way up the curved rear face of the back wheelarch, so that the reel is bolted at about 45 degrees to the horizontal. The belt exits and drapes over the seat back about 30 - 40mm from the outside edge of seat back. The tongue of the belt usually sits on top of the seat back when out of use so its easy to reach.\"

When you join the email group you could even see a picture of Doug\'s setup in the Photo section.
HTH.
Regards,
Thorsten

Bazzamech
Groupie
Groupie

#4 Post by Bazzamech » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:07 pm

FOR THORSTEN- RE SEATBELTS.
Thanks very much Thorsten for your information. At last I have something to work with!
Cheers,
         Barry.