Seat belts front and back Mk1

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Morton
Seat belts front and back Mk1

#1 Post by Morton » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Some more advice please, still on the seat theme, I want to install rear seat belts (2). What is the best solution? Are there fixings already? Who is best to supply? I have followed a thread from the web site to Quickfit belts. And is it viable to fit inertia reels to the front? Today I had my first decent run out in JPP 14G which was very enjoyable.
Morton

Mk1 PI 1969 Valencia Blue

Charles H

Re: Seat belts front and back Mk1

#2 Post by Charles H » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 am

Mounting points on saloons are already provided, so it really is just a bolt on job. Estate cars do not have a top mounting in the rear, usually resulting in lap belts being fitted.
Inertia belts can be fitted in the front, although static belts are usually fitted in the back.
Securon intertia belts for the front are 500/45's for the Mk1 and static rears are the 200 three point belts.
You can search the internet for these, prices vary amazingly!
The fixings for front belts are the same as you already have. The rear ones are pretty obvious once you have lifted the rear seat base out. One fixing on the wheel arch near the bottom and one near the centre line of the car for each belt.
The top mounts are under the parcel shelf. If you remove the vinyl shelf, it is clearly visable. The shelf has a pre cut circle in the board to take out and then a careful trim of the surface vinyl to allow the bolt to pass through is all that is required. Good luck.
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

Morton

Re: Seat belts front and back Mk1

#3 Post by Morton » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Thank you Charles that's really useful information. Much appreciated. I did remove the back seat base and saw what I thought to be fixings. Good to know there's more to be found. Cheers.