Original Dash Board

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
osholt
Groupie
Groupie
Re: Original Dash Board

#11 Post by osholt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll message you as well.

My plan was to remove all of the wood on the dash and give it to a restorer I know to tidy it up a bit and re-lacquer it all. This would mainly be as a trial run to see the quality of his work as my dad has a couple of original TR6 dashboards that need restoring as well so the hope is those can go off at a later date if we're happy with the results of this one.

If it goes badly then I haven't lost too much in the process. If whole replacement dashboards in reasonable condition are out there then that's even better. :D

The centre console is probably the next thing I want to tackle after that. Replacing the aftermarket dials with an original ashtray and either repairing or replacing the surround for the choke, heater and cigarette lighter as it has snapped on the driver's side so it moves when you try to pull the choke out. I presume that that piece is not going to be easy to come by in good condition.

Thanks,

Oliver
Register Member No. 7822-01/17

Triumph 2000 Mk2 Sapphire Blue (1972) - Currently being upgraded to 2.5 EFI
Triumph TR7 Convertible Persian Aqua Blue (1980) - Press car, nearly on the road!
Mini Clubvan Cooper D Ice Blue (2012)

atom
Groupie
Groupie

#12 Post by atom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Found some nice pictures of how the 2000 Mk2 dashboard should look (an automatic though).
Triumph2000dashboard_s.jpg
Triumph2000centreconsole_s.jpg
Onno Zijlstra

2.5 PI Mk2 saloon 1970 - laurel green
Vitesse Mk2 saloon 1969 (under construction) - royal blue
Saab 9 3 Turbo 2000 (daily use) - black

tony

#13 Post by tony » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 am

I have , in the past, had a broken centre assembly plastic welded. This would have been 15 years ago and it's still in one piece. Mind you I'me careful when pulling the choke out, one hand on the choke and the other on the panel.
Tony.
1976 2500 TC. converted to S specs.

Lots of bits

1999 BMW Z3.
2006 BMW 325ti.
Hopefully not needing too many bits.