mk1 front wing sections remanufacture

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Lloydpiestate
mk1 front wing sections remanufacture

#1 Post by Lloydpiestate » Wed May 22, 2013 10:38 am

hi everyone,

as the need for mk1 panels are ever increasing, ive looked into and got some prices for some mk1 front wing repairsections.

the sections are of the best possible quality and totally suitable for the job they are designed for, and nos bl complete front wings were used as the templates and the panels will be available for both n/s and o/s.

the prices are at present " ball park " because the final quanity required will determine the fixed price.

i will fund the panel and stock a few extras, so there will be no money required until you place you order, although your word will have to be your bond sorry, as i dont fancy getting stuck with a load of panels lol :shock:

what i need is to know how many of you will be interested so i can see if this project is viable, so please let me know as i can have production underway in 3 weeks or so.

i will, once i know the interest ( as i have to get the wings back off the manufacturer ) place some pics of the panels so you can see what you are getting.

the complete wheel arch panel will have a 4 1/2" flange of metal, so plenty there if your wheel arch like mine has already been done and now needs doing again and the rear lower rear section is bigger again so as to be tall enough to cover the sill nose extention, should you be replacing the sills also, and the front lower section will reduce by the side light flange ( to include this flange more than doubled the cost !!!! ) but will include the bumper hole.

complete front arch inc front and rear lower sections ( a one peice section ) £120
front wing lower section, rear, tall enough to cover sill nose £90
front wing lower front section, inc bumper hole £50
rear lower internal fixing bracket ( welds to inside of wing and sill ) pt no 613827 fits mk1&2 £28

i am also looking into getting the inner front wheel arches done pt no 903462/1 and the inner closure panel by the a post 807012/3

i have done this simply because i personally need all of these panels and know alot of you do too and no toes are ment to be trodden on, if there is no interest i will simply just run off the numbers i require and the numbers that a well known stockest also wants.

look forward to hearing from you all

lloyd

Steve G

Re: mk1 front wing sections remanufacture

#2 Post by Steve G » Wed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi Lloyd

Those prices seem pretty reasonable , do you think the ones for MK2's will be similar ? I could well be interested in the internal fixing brackets although I don't actually know what bit they are !

englishbull

#3 Post by englishbull » Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 am

Hi Llyod

yes the prices seem fair.
Now I do not want to dampen your attempts at getting these panels made :) but MK1 front wings are still available at a reasonable cost, but I can see the need for arch repairs as replacing a MK1 full front wing is not an easy task.

Any chance of getting the MK1 rear arch repairs made?, as these are the one's that are currently hard to scource and especially n/s.

Well done ...........
     Lee Godfrey     Club Member 7075      

1960 948 Herald Coupe in Alpine Mauve
1962 1600 Vitesse Convertible in White
1961 Standard Vanguard estate

johnconradlee

#4 Post by johnconradlee » Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Thats pretty much my thoughts too. Prices seem reasonable and if I had enough spare cash I'd probably buy a set as spares.
I will need a front wing repair at some stage (spot weld haven't taken on repair panel fitted by previous owner hence needs re-doing again properly), but I reckon I can put it off for a few more years. My rear arches however are much, much worse and I'd like to get them done next year if I can. If repair panels were readily available at a reasonable price I'd buy them now.
John Lee

1966 Triumph 2000 Mk1 "LuLU" (the Lee family Triumph) - various shades of Green and rust - The engine runs, she's alive!!!!

Lloydpiestate

#5 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 pm

hi lee,

yes you are right, you can get complete wings off fitchett"s but they only have 4 pairs left and c/w has about the same, so once they are gone we will be stuffed lol, thats why ive had these panels done, more long term than short term.

as for the rear arches, im not sure if the spares group are sorting them, check with mike or ted first, if they are not, i can get them sorted, but will need a nos bl or very good s/h one to use as a template off someone, but as the arch itself was never made separate from the complete rear panel back in the day, im guessing we will be looking for a good reclaimed s/h one.

if anyone wants panels for the mk1 or 2 making, i can arrange this and to the highest quality possible, as quality is paramount !!! but it will depend on numbers required to make it viable ( although single numbers can be done at a premium ) and again, a nos bl original panel to use as a template, but i will only do panels that the spares group are not, as i dont wanna rock the boat.

its clear that we need panels for our beloved triumphs, SO IF YOU WANT THEM DOING AND CAN PROVIDE A TEMPLATE, DROP ME A LINE and i can normally get production underway in about 5-6 after recieving the template.

all the best triumph lovers

lloyd

englishbull

#6 Post by englishbull » Thu May 23, 2013 3:31 pm

I do not have rear arch repair to use as a template ( just gone on PI) but I do have a full o/s rear saloon wing.

Lloydpiestate

#7 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm

that will do nicely :)

ill just check with ted or mike about what they are up to, and get back to you,
nice one lee

englishbull

#8 Post by englishbull » Fri May 24, 2013 7:47 am

No prob

Lloydpiestate

#9 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sat May 25, 2013 2:04 pm

hi everyone,

here are the photos as promised of the mk1 front wing repair sections that i am having done, although they dont include the lower front section pic, simply as i cannot remember the measurement i gave the manufacturer and cannot contact them until after the bank hols now to confirm.

i really want to be placing my order with them within a week or so, so please let me know if you want any of them.

the wing in the photo is not one of the wings used as the templates, although it is nos, its lines are not perfect, but rest assured guys, the template ones are !! :)

let me know guys

lloyd
Attachments
mk1 front wheel arch sections 008.JPG
mk1 front wheel arch sections 007.JPG
mk1 front wheel arch sections 006.JPG
mk1 front wheel arch sections 005.JPG
mk1 front wheel arch sections 004.JPG

Lloydpiestate

#10 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

hi guys,

i will be placing an order on monday or tuesday with the manufacturer, so if anyone else is wanting any lashes or lower sections that hasnt already confirmed thier order with me, could you do so by sunday afternoon please.

and thanks everyone for the good comments and questions about other panels that you want doing also.

mk1 rear wing outer arch repair sections or inner wing arches front and rear are next on my list, so please let me know if you are interested in these.

lloyd