mk1 front wing sections remanufacture

Bodywork, interior and exterior trim and glass, bumpers, etc.
Lloydpiestate
Re: mk1 front wing sections remanufacture

#21 Post by Lloydpiestate » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:49 pm

update on mk1 front arches.

just had a phone call off the manufacture double checking one or two things, before they get underway with production.

it would seem there has been a bit of a missunderstanding at their end, and a little at mine, just what i needed as im in hospital tomorrow for my eye operation !!! :roll:

needless to say, dont worry, it will be sorted very quickly and to avoid such things again, they / we have agreed they will run off one complete arch repair section, so i can take pics of it and put them on the forums so you can all see what exactly what it comprises of.

lloyd

Lloydpiestate

#22 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:10 pm

hi everyone,

the mk1 front wheel arch should be with me next week, and i will overlay it on a nos wing i have here so i can check quality and fitment ( although i have no doubts there ) and will let you all know.

a couple of very kind members have agreed to lend me x amount of nos panels, and i thank them greatfully for this ( i will only use nos for templates to ensure accuracy ) for the mk1, so next on the list is mk1 rear arches ( same as mk2 estate also ).

i know also everyone is crying out for mk2 front wheel arches, so if any club members are willing to lend me any nos front wings that they have ( i ensure no harm will come to them and will arrange to collect from you, personally if need be ), i can crack on and get these underway also.

many thanks for everyones support and help in what i am doing to help keep our cars on the road,
lloyd :D

Steve G

#23 Post by Steve G » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Looking forward to seeing the end result just wish it was the MK1 panels I need !

willows40
Groupie
Groupie

#24 Post by willows40 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 am

hi lloyd

Can you let me know as soon as rear arches are available, Need a pair for mk1 estate asap

Cheers Andy

Lloydpiestate

#25 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:41 pm

hi steve and andy,

the list i have for panels that members require is vast ranging, and eventually i will do them all, i assure you, mk1 rear arches and mk2 front arches are top of my list.

as stated before, kind members have agreed to lend me nos mk1 rear sections ( plus other panels ), allowing me to proceed with the rear arches, and as soon as i am able to obtain some mk2 nos front wings and any other panels, i shall be able to crack on with them also :D

i will of course, keep you all updated.

lloyd

torque2me

#26 Post by torque2me » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 am

Lloyd,
Lloydpiestate wrote:hi lee,

as for the rear arches, im not sure if the spares group are sorting them, check with mike or ted first, if they are not, i can get them sorted, but will need a nos bl or very good s/h one to use as a template off someone, but as the arch itself was never made separate from the complete rear panel back in the day, im guessing we will be looking for a good reclaimed s/h one.

if anyone wants panels for the mk1 or 2 making, i can arrange this and to the highest quality possible, as quality is paramount !!! but it will depend on numbers required to make it viable ( although single numbers can be done at a premium ) and again, a nos bl original panel to use as a template, but i will only do panels that the spares group are not, as i dont wanna rock the boat.

its clear that we need panels for our beloved triumphs, SO IF YOU WANT THEM DOING AND CAN PROVIDE A TEMPLATE, DROP ME A LINE and i can normally get production underway in about 5-6 after recieving the template.

all the best triumph lovers

lloyd
I don't know if it will be of any help to the amount of repair panels we can sensibly do but I have a set of NOS inner bowls for a Stag. I'm told that these are the same as Mk.1 inner bowls but I have never got around to checking. Perhaps a forum member can provide a definitive answer. If they are the same (Stag/Mk.1) then it might be sensible to include them in an offering list as you will have the Stag owners also interested. I take it that a bowl consists of two pressings spot welded together (?)

Let me know if they can/will be useful?

Kev

Lloydpiestate

#27 Post by Lloydpiestate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 am

hi kev,

thanks for the offer, i will check my parts books to cross ref numbers, although i have been offered complete front and rears mk1 & 2 inner bowls that i was ment to collect last week, but the chap who"s lending them, hadnt had time to dig them out as his life is a bit hectic at present.

i will do any triumph panel that people need for any model, if they can get me said nos panel for a template, but only if said panel is not already being done by someone, or that panel is just so badly made, it warrants remaking to a higher standard.

the stag stuff is pretty much already covered.

cheers

lloyd

torque2me

#28 Post by torque2me » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Lloydpiestate wrote:hi kev,

the stag stuff is pretty much already covered.

cheers

lloyd

That is what I was also getting at. If the SOC already has inner/outer repair panels in stock and have a replenishment process then, providing they are the same part numbers, Mk. 1 and Mk. 2 estate owners have them available.

Kev

englishbull

#29 Post by englishbull » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Stag inners will fit a MK1
     Lee Godfrey     Club Member 7075      

1960 948 Herald Coupe in Alpine Mauve
1962 1600 Vitesse Convertible in White
1961 Standard Vanguard estate

torque2me

#30 Post by torque2me » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:11 pm

englishbull wrote:Stag inners will fit a MK1
Then if Stag inners are available then it would seem Mk.1 saloon, Mk.1 estate and Mk.2 estate owners already have recourse to vendors/stockists. I didn't want lloyd to undertake any unnecessary work although more than one supply point is always better as it might create competitive prices.

Kev