The first car club in Britain to achieve Brexit

Any Triumph related event taking place
Peter Douglas W

#1 Post by Peter Douglas W » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:33 pm

I have read the new issue of our magazine.

I could not find any reference to the Europeans, that had travelled with great expense to Scotland to be part of the National. Is that unbiased editing? I myself being English, it does not matter but I think that an element of courtesy says that at least one car could have been mentioned. For example the long distance award for the Swiss couple or Thorsten with his regular attendance.

I have now realised, how parochial the club has become. Gone are the days when the Swedes the Austrians etc. looked forward to the event. You turn up and are not even welcomed by the Chairman, or a good afternoon. Whereby he knows very well who you are. Also knows the distances, time, effort and cost involved in getting there.

I think that the club has already achieved the status of Brexit.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.

englishbull

Re: The first car club in Britain to achieve Brexit

#2 Post by englishbull » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Peter
Sorry to say this but I find that statement immorally wrong.
Why don't you as an Englishman do you're bit for the Six Appeal and do an article complimenting our overseas members?
Again I am sorry but you come across as very outspoken and opinunated and soon to criticize the Register and its members but are soon to ask for help and advice on you're cars issues.
You are not helping yourself IMO
     Lee Godfrey     Club Member 7075      

1960 948 Herald Coupe in Alpine Mauve
1962 1600 Vitesse Convertible in White
1961 Standard Vanguard estate

Peter Douglas W

#3 Post by Peter Douglas W » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:00 am

Lee
I in the past have written many articles for the SIX and tried to be positively active within the forum (359 posts). I have helped to arrange an international saloon meeting.
In spite of the difficulty of having a dissabled wife who cannot sit without pain killers for more than two hours,
I have tried to support various events in Europa in and in England. I have attended where possible over the many years the national.
I was many years the German rep. What more do you want.

I find no excuse for just plain bad manners and seemingly bigoted attitudes. I you want to call that immoral then please do. Perhaps it would be better if all in the club would think about how to make it attractive for all members and non members and not just a small selected group.
Last edited by Peter Douglas W on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.

Peter Douglas W

#4 Post by Peter Douglas W » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:20 am

LEE
I suggest we just drop the whole thing because it could very easily get to be a slanging match. That helps nobody. I hope that a slight improvement will occcur, then we both have done something positive.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.

Charles H

#5 Post by Charles H » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 am

In my magazine, the daily driver car and owner were French.
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

Peter Douglas W

#6 Post by Peter Douglas W » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Charles
You must have a different magazine. In my magazine was a photo of a very nice man, with french name (No mention from where).
Sir William Lyons is also a french name, so Charles, with your logic, Sir William was obviously a frenchman. :?
From number 94, I assume the car is from SE Paris, Département Val-de-Marne No. 94.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.

Polly
Groupie
Groupie

#7 Post by Polly » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Peter Douglas W wrote:Charles
You must have a different magazine. In my magazine was a photo of a very nice man, with french name (No mention from where).
Sir William Lyons is also a french name, so Charles, with your logic, Sir William was obviously a frenchman. :?
From number 94, I assume the car is from SE Paris, Département Val-de-Marne No. 94.
I think you make a very valid point, and Lee's response is less than helpful.
Since your remarks refer particularly to the Six Appeal article, perhaps we should wait for the Editors (or Chairmans) remarks before getting into a who done what slanging match. Perhaps the fact that the prize giving was interrupted somewhat by the weather, or that the Editor was preparing for his holiday might have caused some oversight.
Of course Lee is correct that you as a member could perhaps rectify the situation with a short memo to the editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triumph 2000 Mk1 Slate Grey
Triumph 2.5 PI Mk2 Damson
Triumph Tr7 V8 Grinnall (Ramstein) Signal Red
Landrover Discovery 3.9 V8
Reliant Kitten
MGZS
MGZR

Peter Douglas W

#8 Post by Peter Douglas W » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:26 pm

I think the points have been made from both sides. It is now time to calm down and get back to every day business. For me the affair is finished, thanks to you all.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.