national 2014

Any Triumph related event taking place
kevinw
Re: national 2014

#171 Post by kevinw » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:29 pm

I don't know whether everyone who frequents this site looks at the Register Facebook page - but in case you've not seen it, I've cobbled together a few pictures of the trips last week into a short video which you can see here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=893764897320199

Kevin
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

raceyredcar

#172 Post by raceyredcar » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:57 pm

It was an excellent national, we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Well done to the organisers especially as this was their first national for organising.

Listened to the comments re first timers and the national booking form had been amended for next year with a question as to whether this is your first national. I'll draft and email out a 'beginners guide to the national' for all newbies prior to next year's event. The welcome packs provided for campers was excellent, although cost would be prohibitive to mailing them out before the event. And the few weeks running up to the national are manic for the organisers, but maybe a collection point from the campsite in the national week can be arranged.

Looking forward to next year's national now!

anth.w

#173 Post by anth.w » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:45 pm

kevinw wrote:I don't know whether everyone who frequents this site looks at the Register Facebook page - but in case you've not seen it, I've cobbled together a few pictures of the trips last week into a short video which you can see here.

Kevin
That's a cracking video you've done. Excellent choice of music as well. Well done

Anth

kevinw

#174 Post by kevinw » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:42 pm

anth.w wrote:
kevinw wrote:I don't know whether everyone who frequents this site looks at the Register Facebook page - but in case you've not seen it, I've cobbled together a few pictures of the trips last week into a short video which you can see here.

Kevin
That's a cracking video you've done. Excellent choice of music as well. Well done

Anth
Thanks... I've been singing "Lady Eleanor" for about 10 days now! What was really interesting was looking at the gravestones in the Church, over half of the females had the name "Eleanor".

K
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

Lloydpiestate

#175 Post by Lloydpiestate » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:42 pm

hi all,

glad to hear you all had a fab time at the national, and sorry i couldnt make it.

it has been brought to my attention that many of you were expecting me there, and perhaps i should of made a posting that i wasnt able to attend.

the simple reason was, ive done so much traveling ( around 6-7 thousand miles ) over the past 14 months or so regarding this panel quest, i just deemed this years national a little far away for me, plus my better half couldnt get the time off work, and as she has helped and backed me so much regarding the panels, it just seemed wrong to go without her.

so sorry to all that wanted a natter with me, but please feel free to get me on here, ct, email or phone should you want to.

lloyd

Charles H

#176 Post by Charles H » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:47 am

Fabulous!
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

M5driver
Groupie
Groupie

#177 Post by M5driver » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I must say a big thankyou to the organisers this year, an excellent national in a beautiful part of this country. The two friends I brought with me Mandy and Paul both thoroughly enjoyed themselves to.
There was so much to do and see we could have stayed for another week easily. Great site to stay on with quality statics. Good to see a lot of faces old and new and some lovely cars. In the week the car and passengers covered some 900 miles with one injector giving trouble the day after everyone else had gone home. It was soon replaced (always carry a few spares).
Looking forward to next year.

Chris Lennard
Chris Lennard Mem 1906
Triumph 2.5pi MK1 1969 Damson, tan interior
TRiumph 2.5pi MKII 1972 Mallard, black interior
BMW E34 M5 LE 47/50 Orinoco Green
VW Golf mk6 Bluemotion Black