Belated hello!

New to the forum? Just joined the Register? Introduce yourself here.
Stevey
Belated hello!

#1 Post by Stevey » Fri May 26, 2023 4:07 pm

Time to say hello.
I'm Steve and have recently purchased a 2500S auto. I'm not new to classic cars but this is my first after nearly 15 years - it was a Stag that finally did for me!
Have had a number of Jensens in the past and now been priced out of the market so I looked around for something else British and thankfully, the 2000/2500 appears to have been overlooked in this ridiculous price increase.
The car is pretty straight and seems to be solid underneath. I've rebuilt the rear brakes - thanks John - and will be fitting a semi-sport exhaust from Chris Witor shortly as the current one not only has more holes than a packet of polos but bangs on the rear subframe and rubs on the propshaft which is, shall we say, less than ideal.
There's a rumble coming from the rear when moving but I couldn't detect any noise from the wheel bearings. Suffice to say that it has been 'resting' for a while and needs some TLC.

What I wanted was something to work on as a hobby, something nice to look at and a car that I can park in Tesco's car park. I think I have all this in Basil - it's British racing green.
It appears to have been registered new with a custom number plate so I do want to get a '77 plate for it soon as I think it looks silly having the wrong year so I think I'll join the club and see if they can help.
There are many jobs ahead and I look forward to using the forum more.

For those that were stuck in traffic behind a slow moving Triumph in Bexhill recently, I do apologise but be assured that I've now adjusted the floats properly and each carb. is now getting all the fuel it needs!
Cheers.

Steve
'77 2500 S Auto
'12 Triumph Thunderbird Storm

Charles H

Re: Belated hello!

#2 Post by Charles H » Sat May 27, 2023 5:04 pm

Welcome to the elite!
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

iani

Re: Belated hello!

#3 Post by iani » Sat May 27, 2023 5:17 pm

Welcome Steve.
1966 2000 Mk1 Estate - Cherry Red (2.5 PI conversion)
1968 Mk1 GT6 - Wedgewood, 2.5l Triple DCOEs
1973 2.5 PI Saloon - Honeysuckle