Firewatcher Unmasked

New to the forum? Just joined the Register? Introduce yourself here.
Firewatcher
Groupie
Groupie
Firewatcher Unmasked

#1 Post by Firewatcher » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello All,

Time to introduce myself after a few days of being a member. My name is Pete Hammett, currently living in Newtown Powys and a retired Building Services Engineer.
Nearly a lifetime of pleasure from being a Triumph 2000 owner driver and still proud to be one.
I won't add any pics of my motor, but suffice to say that I know my car won't get nicked the way it looks. She has never been garaged and is a daily workhorse that has shared around a million miles with me since I bought her more than 40 years ago. Only ever stuck once, shed a ring on the first engine just outside Glasgow and couldn't find a replacement, otherwise I'd have a clean record for breakdowns.

I was a member of the register for many years and maybe when cash isn't so tight I will join again but glad to be a member of the forum in the mean time.

Pete

Charles H

Re: Firewatcher Unmasked

#2 Post by Charles H » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Welcome Pete.
Don't be shy, we would all like to see your car. I am taking the Mk1 to the National so people can see the crumples!!!
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

Firewatcher
Groupie
Groupie

#3 Post by Firewatcher » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi Charles, and thanks for the welcome.
Your Mk1 is a rally car , so crumples might be expected but mine is a Family Saloon and it's more the rigors of nature in my case. I've just got myself a digital camera so I might see if I can get something presentable.
A few years ago now, I was having lunch in a restaurant when the waitress came and asked if anyone in the room owned a Triumph car - I thought someone had hit it. Great relief when she just asked me to move it as the wedding party didn't want it to spoil their photographs!

Pete

badger

#4 Post by badger » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Would love to see some piccies. Much prefer to see an every day used one than a shiny new one.
Dorset Badger
MK2 2000 m/od. Sapphire Blue.

Firewatcher
Groupie
Groupie

#5 Post by Firewatcher » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello Badger,

Your from my home ground, and if you've been there for a while you will probably have seen me and my motor in the dim and distant past. Used to live not that far from you - Lower Waterston near Puddletown. I'll see what I can do when we get some dry weather. I did spend some time on her last week - had to clean the windows before the MOT.

Pete