Today we've got a, newwww member!!!

New to the forum? Just joined the Register? Introduce yourself here.
badger
Today we've got a, newwww member!!!

#1 Post by badger » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:39 am

Hi, my name is Adrian and I live in Basingstoke.Been a member for a while but lost my log in details, with the help of Allen Walker I now have voice. I've had many Triumphs over the years, including a herald convertible, dollies, gt6, a stag, 2 pi's, as well as a spitfire (which I still own).I now am the proud owner of a 2000 mk2, which I bought from Lee Smart earlier this year,(January I think).I think it has been in the club before, reg number is LYL386K. It's white with a tan interior, and an automatic (1st auto triumph I've ever owned) Lylly, as I call her, needs some bodywork in the usual places, the diff whines, prop needs balancing, engines not the best, but I love her, and never fails to get noticed when I'm out driving.I'm hoping to get her sorted both mechanically and bodily over the next couple of years, already got a 2.5 engine sourced and a lower ratio diff to go in. I plan to keep her as an auto, as it is a relaxing way to drive, and auto's will be a rarer sight as a lot of people tend to convert them to manual o/d (less work for me to do as well!!).The car was first registered to the British Aircraft Corporation in 1972, the same company my Grandfather used to fly for, so I can never see myself selling her as she already has a sentimental attachment. By quirk of fate both my triumphs have the same last three numbers and letter on the reg' plate 386K!! Anyway enough of my ramblings, good to "meet" you all , and looking forward to meeting some of you at next years show season.
Regards,
Adrian.

Charles H

Re: Today we've got a, newwww member!!!

#2 Post by Charles H » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:45 am

Welcome Adrian

Hope to see you in Kent next June for the National!
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE