Differentail clonk

Clutch, Gearbox, Overdrive, Propshaft, Differential, Drive Shafts, Hubs.
Steve G
Re: Differentail clonk

#11 Post by Steve G » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:11 am

I bought a set of the GKN CV driveshafts when they first came out, the shafts were OK but there was something wrong with the hubs as the bearings came loose after about 50 miles. I never did find out what the problem was and after they had been returned I bought some of Datsun shafts from Chris W.
Since I have been taking a bit of an interest I see there are a few companies offering hubs and drivshafts now. Interesting seeing the link above as I hadn't heard of them.

torque2me

#12 Post by torque2me » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 am

Steve G wrote:I bought a set of the GKN CV driveshafts when they first came out, the shafts were OK but there was something wrong with the hubs as the bearings came loose after about 50 miles. I never did find out what the problem was and after they had been returned I bought some of Datsun shafts from Chris W.
Since I have been taking a bit of an interest I see there are a few companies offering hubs and drivshafts now. Interesting seeing the link above as I hadn't heard of them.
Well, they are slightly cheaper than Moss (last time I looked) but will still be nearly 900 ponies. Of course if them pennies are available then the rsult is well worth it. Change to the BMW diff and hubs to have even better driveline improvements.

I wonder if the original E30 BMW was launched with UJ's or CV. Anyone know?

Kev

froggy2000

#13 Post by froggy2000 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:34 am

Hi,
I fit some CV joints from http://www.classicdrivingdevelopment.co.uk/ on my 2000 MK1 as my hub couldn't be disassembled.
Expansive but great ! No more clonk and play.
A mecanics believed to recognize VW Golf CV Joint.

Fabien
Land Rover 88 SIIA
TR3 Puzzle... to be rebuilt
2000 MK1