RWU356M, where are you?

General non-technical questions and comments about the cars.
red2000chris
RWU356M, where are you?

#1 Post by red2000chris » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 pm

I sold my carmine 2000 in july 2015 (I think) but the chap who I sold it too passed away. I was wondering if the car is still about or if a new member now has it?
"life is great.....but no longer with a 2000

badger

Re: RWU356M, where are you?

#2 Post by badger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:35 pm

A quick check on the dvla website confirms that it is mot’d and taxed till next year, so it’s still around.
Dorset Badger
MK2 2000 m/od. Sapphire Blue.

kennyd

#3 Post by kennyd » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello, I now own the car , which I purchased down in Wotton under Edge on 20/04/17, The car was mostly unused due to owner illness, ( A Mr John Andrews now deceased) After which the car was then put up for sale through a Family friend, I drove the car from Gloucester( after a quick brake pad change and reset the points gap) to Forfar Angus Scotland, without any issues, I have since replaced Front crank seal, gearbox tailshaft seal, and some perished rubber components, other than that the car performs well, Regards Kenny.

badger

#4 Post by badger » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Wow, that’s a long distance to drive. Glad that it is being cared for.
Dorset Badger
MK2 2000 m/od. Sapphire Blue.

red2000chris

#5 Post by red2000chris » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Im glad to hear she is still about. I really enjoyed the car but wished she had overdrive! not once did she let me down. I don't know what history you know of her but I was told the first owner had it as his company car. He then purchased it from the company because he liked it. when he then died, his wife sold it to the chap I bought it from.

kennyd

#6 Post by kennyd » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi, the car would benefit from power steering and overdrive, but as it is not a car for every day use I can live with it, I spent quite a long time looking for Mk11 and would have preferred a 2500, but RWU 356M turned up first and I was very impressed with the general condition of the car, interior, bodywork etc, The end rust treatment the car was given from new has really preserved the car and I can find no evidence of welding or filler anywhere, It has had paintwork in the past but only to be expected for its age, The engine is in really good order and has been well serviced with some useful improvements, which you will know of. I also was given the past history, receipts for parts, work carried out etc plus a lot of books and past MOT, I was curious to note in a picture of the car it was fitted with alloys but now has steel wheels as it probably left the factory. I did buy a set but will not fit them, in fact they are on the forum for sale at present regards Kenny . Have A great Xmas

red2000chris

#7 Post by red2000chris » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:22 pm

It had stag alloys when I got it but it came with the original steels with new tyres, so when I needed to change 2 tyres I just took the alloys off and fitted the steels. I didn't realise it hed paint work tho, which part? mods wise, I put the rocker cover, oil pressure dial, oil feed pipe to head and stainless exhaust on. Every part of the interior is original, the rear belts I fitted so child seats could be fitted.

torque2me

#8 Post by torque2me » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 pm

kennyd wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:04 pm
cut

carried out etc plus a lot of books and past MOT, I was curious to note in a picture of the car it was fitted with alloys but now has steel wheels as it probably left the factory. I did buy a set but will not fit them, in fact they are on the forum for sale at present regards Kenny . Have A great Xmas
The factory fitted GKN alloy wheels were fitted to the Stag and 2500s models only in the autumn (I think) 1975 (N plate) facelift. Any earlier year plates mean they are retro-fitted.
Kev