did we all mis a trick

Information and questions about the Forum and Register website here.
docwad
Groupie
Groupie
did we all mis a trick

#1 Post by docwad » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:56 pm

i note there was trouble recently on the fan club facebook page with some trolling and people were thinking of leaving , instead many of you have now taken on site admin rolls to stop/block this, which i applaud.

In retrospect if all these active club members had decamped to the club FB page then this is where most of the action could and should be.
This would then raise club profile. Finding the club FB page as a novice owner was far either than finding the fan club site on the web and is suspect is a 1st port of call for many other member of general public who have an interest in our cars.

Julian
MK1 GT6 1968 C toC 2021
Mk2 PI 1970 RBRR 2016

Charles H

Re: did we all mis a trick

#2 Post by Charles H » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm

I don't do Faceache or twatter etc etc. Therefore no good to me :D
This forum in my opinion is where most people will find answers to questions asked about the marque, and therefore one of the best places to be. :D
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

Forkie

#3 Post by Forkie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 pm

I totally second that Charles. I have no interest in 'wastebook ' at all. I have always used,and will continue to use,THIS forum and nothing else. Too many good people on here with proper info NOT to ignore.
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!

quentin
Groupie
Groupie

#4 Post by quentin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Me too. I will never use face ache etc., website gets my vote.
Quentin

Alan Chatterton

did we all mis a trick

#5 Post by Alan Chatterton » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:36 am

The answer is, we need to do all of it. An huge number of product or use Facebook and we would miss out on lots of potential members.
For example, the fan group on Facebook previously mentioned, in about 18 months it has more 'members' than we do by a factor of about 4! Of course, it's free which attracts people.
We need to balance what we do and cover all medias to keep the wide demographic of members happy.
Tough job, but I think we are doing ok!

Alan Chatterton
Chairman
Triumph 2000/2500/2.5 Register

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan Chatterton

Location; Redditch

DEL 33 1972 Lines Stag Estate Tartan Red

Blog http://vml3m.blogspot.com/

englishbull

#6 Post by englishbull » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 am

My twopenneth.......

1. I use FB as it is quick, easy to load pictures etc and as a far bigger audience.
2. I am a member of both the 2000/2500/2.5 Fan Page, the Register Page and numerous other classic car club sites.
3. I have used all of these pages to generate interest in our cars and mainly the Register and thus have attracted new members.................so personally I thnk ( as Alan states) ALL are working together.
4. I was involved in the recent "trolling" activities ( I wasn't the troll) and thus was one of the first to voice my opinion and leave the page. There was a "method in my madness" by doing this ( spoke with Alan), the reason was to "move" a few more people over to Register page.......................and my plan worked as I had a few followers and the page gained more members :D . Soo again it worked.
5. I was then asked if I wished to become Admin ( along with other Register members) and rejoin the Fan page. I thought this was an excellent idea due to Admin mainly being Register members but agree that ALL have to work together.

Now I would like to get more Register page activity but I do all my postings from my phone and cannot set my phone to post as myself, as I am Admin on the Register page too.

Therefore, John or whoever, could you take me ff as Admin please so that I can post as myself?..........................I can then flood the pages :D
Last edited by englishbull on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
     Lee Godfrey     Club Member 7075      

1960 948 Herald Coupe in Alpine Mauve
1962 1600 Vitesse Convertible in White
1961 Standard Vanguard estate

kevinw

#7 Post by kevinw » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:34 am

I've done that for you, Lee, so all your new posts will show as "you". It is possible to set it so you can past as yourself from your phone (I do it), but it is a little involved.

Personally, I dropped out of the "fans" group a long time ago as I thought that the behaviour and language of some of the "contributors" was totally inappropriate.

Kevin
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

Forkie

#8 Post by Forkie » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:10 pm

My tuppence worth ... for what it's worth... I know this 'wastebook' is a big thing,apparently,but do I need to know what 'Fred ' had for dinner? C'mon - whenever I have needed help,click on here,and more often than not within 24 hours someone with knowledge has replied. THIS SITE IS 2000/2500/2.5 THE BOL**X. How much tech do we need? This site is specific to these cars - I don't want to link up to wastebook in the hope that someone with some vague memory of Granddad changing an air filter whilst chomping on a bacon sarnie may assist me in re-fitting my CW nosepiece to my rebuilt diff using CW supplied new shims for the subframe and cant wait to fire it up using the new Sport 1 7/8" rear silencer...I could go on. And on.

The 2000/2500/2.5 Register the only place for me. May be shallow,but it's the only place for proper info in my opinion.
Member Number 7392 04/07

JimB

#9 Post by JimB » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 pm

First, we have to make people aware of the Big Sixes. Facebook is a great way to do this. Just think of the amount we'd have to spend on advertising to do this otherwise!

Then we have to make the Facebook fans want to become owners or, like I did, rectify their lapsed ownership :D

When these new or returning people then buy a Big Six, they will find their own way here, helped by the Register faithful involved over on Facebook, driven by the need for proper, organised and archived technical information and access to like-minded owners.

Forkie

#10 Post by Forkie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:29 am

But if you type in 'Triumph 2000....' wastebook doesn't come up in the top section, this site does though :D

It's like me and the wife have so opposed views to it - i'm against,she is for it. She is also aware that I am 'looking' for a second 2000. Last night - wife - 'see,told you facebook is good - some guy selling his '66,generally sound but needs a little TLC...' Ok,where is it? ' Um - he hasn't said.... :roll:

Um - surely if you are selling something,generally it is helpful if you just happen to mention where the item is :| It's ok posting pics of yourself with chiseled jawline and hair wafting about in the wind whilst standing at the rear of a '66 staring into oblivion - but at least give the right information :?: Sorry - for me wastebook is for fantasists. I'll stand down now before I get accused of racism against it :evil:
Member Number 7392 04/07