You can never be TOO organised!!!

Chat about anything you wish here but keep it clean
owen1183
Re: You can never be TOO organised!!!

#11 Post by owen1183 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:59 am

Mike Stevens wrote:
owen1183 wrote:Now I have a double garage, I put some rather large shelves up and all parts are now stored in order and on display.... hopefully will stop me buying duplicate parts / tools!!
Nah, doesn't work. Remember the rule that junk will always accumulate to the space available. So very soon the new shelves will be full and stuff will get hidden at the back. :roll:

True for me anyway!

The other rule is that you always need that elusive bit the day after you threw it away...

Cheers,
Mike.

True I suppose Mike!! the shelves are full and I have bumpers, exhausts, tyres & chrome trim stuffed in the rafters of the garage.......

Its starting to remind me of my dads garage.....

he's got an old wooden framed window (which was taken out when he extended his house in 1982) still in the garage 'just in case'
76' P 2500S in Honeysuckle with Manual O/D

Dazzer
Groupie
Groupie

#12 Post by Dazzer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:11 pm

If all else fails ask the wife... they know everything apparently.

Dazzer

Forkie

#13 Post by Forkie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Well doesn't work with my my wife. ' you found that stuff you looking for yet? 'No'. ahh well tea up. :? Food is good. but parts would be better. :?
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!

Forkie

#14 Post by Forkie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Well I had not gone mad or anything similar - just a case of my memory IS going. Found the shoes and braided pipe - about 3 feet from the rear of the car....

After spending a couple of weeks here and there de-cluttering man cave (6 bin bags later :oops: ) of stuff that had a tag saying 'why keep me ' I had still not come across said parts. Loft next then. Why. Why would I put a few bits in the loft. Then I remembered the wife buying me years ago a 'snap on' type tool chest.With drawers for tools etc. which is sat right behind the car. Which I had completely forgotten that it has a 'storage section' on top.....

Why,why why....

did I put them in there,and not with the rest of the stuff to be fitted........ :roll:
Member Number 7392 04/07

1975 TRIUMPH 2500S AUTO ESTATE IN BRG!

DON'T TIDY UP - LEAVE IT WHERE IT FELL!!

johnnydog

#15 Post by johnnydog » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 pm

The best bit is when you are looking for something and decide to have a 'de-clutter' and then find other parts you had forgotten all about, but are now exceptionally difficult to find and no longer available! Makes your day's work worthwhile and puts a real smile on your face!! Happened to me recently following a water leak in the loft. Because I don't go in the loft that often, I tend to forget what is actually up there, so decided to have a sort out and whilst moving stuff from the affected area, found all sorts of new Triumph goodies!!! I've now catagorised everything, boxed it all and made a list where everything is. And, no, I'm not telling what I found.......!
Register Member no. 1596

1967 Mk1 2000 in Gunmetal Grey
1969 Mk1 2000 in Royal Blue
1970 Mk2 2000 in Valencia Blue
1972 Mk2 2.5 PI in Triumph White
1973 Mk2 2.5 PI in Sienna Brown
1976 Mk2 2500S in Carmine Red