2015?

Chat about anything you wish here but keep it clean
Alan Chatterton
2015?

#1 Post by Alan Chatterton » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:05 pm

So, as 2014 wanes into its final few hours, I find myself wondering what 2015 will bring.

For us 2014 has been a hectic year. We have a fairly traumatic house move which all started in May 2013, and concluded in April of this year.

This is the main reason why my Estate is STILL not finished, as the pack and move took a huge amount of time, and then I have been trying to get the new house into a liveable standard every standard ever since (we bought an unloved wreck of a repossession) but I am pleased to report that apart from the spare room, my office and the bathrooms, I am almost done. I am going to finish decorating the spare room, as we need to build the book shelves and then collect the 1000 or so books we have boxed up in storage, so that we can stop paying the storage fee!!

Today, I spent a few hours in the garage fitting the new electric lifters to the garage doors. Longs story, but needed. One is almost done, other should be easier.

Once this is sorted, I can then get on with finishing the estate. So, for me, 2015 will be the year that Libby goes on the road. Its 5 years and 2 weeks since I bought her home from Switzerland, so its past due!

Happy New Year to everyone, I look forward to seeing more of you all in 2015,

Alan
Alan Chatterton

Location; Redditch

DEL 33 1972 Lines Stag Estate Tartan Red

Blog http://vml3m.blogspot.com/

Andy Thompson

Re: 2015?

#2 Post by Andy Thompson » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:07 am

Good luck with the estate Alan,

2014 was a pretty ordinary (Oz slang meaning crap) year for us in Oz all things considered

House almost burnt down along with most of the suburb this time last year (55 houses lost) and just as we recovered from that with the effort to help neighbours, Del was diagnosed with breast cancer - surgery, chemo then radiotherapy has been the flavour of 2014 - completed on 23rd December - fingers crossed for 2015 and beyond.

We'll be selling the Stag to a friend to keep the fleet manageable. The white PI needs a new engine - not unexpected.

Anyway Happy new year and good health to everyone
Perth WA
1970 2500PI estate
1964 2.7PI saloon
1973 2100 EFI Megasquirt
1972 Stag

http://triumphwestoz.blogspot.com/

Very Big garage

badger

#3 Post by badger » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:34 am

A hectic year in our household too. Won't go into detail, but I'm glad 2014 is over. So for 2015? Well my 2000 is off for a makeover this weekend, should get her back in a couple of weeks. The house is up for sale, and a move to sunny Devon awaits. Time for my wife and I to take things a bit easier. I want to get back into coarse fishing, play a bit of golf ( my wife has recently taken up the game. Oh and become more involved with the local triumph club.
Happy new year all.
Dorset Badger
MK2 2000 m/od. Sapphire Blue.

CAR

#4 Post by CAR » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Well in contrast to particularly Andy (we hope 2015 is a much better year for you and your family) Amanda and I had a good put very busy year. Fitting out your own two storey extension is a bigger task than you imagine and with getting married in August too, we have barely had a moment to think. Although two weeks in Mexico on honeymoon was superb as was the National in Northumberland. Amanda was also made redundant in October but luckily managed to secure a new and better job.
We ended the year in a slightly lower mood but that's only because of another ankle op for me and enforced sitting around. Roll on three weeks time when I should lose the cast, be allowed to start putting weight back on the right leg, and finish the ensuite.

Happy New Year everyone.

C&A
Colin and Amanda Radford
Register Show Organisers and Directors
'75'N' 2500S CARMINE ESTATE France easter'09, RBRR'10,'12. TEAM 48 RBRR'16 'HOE'
'71'J' 2.5PI VALENCIA SALOON France easter'10, RBRR'14 'FRanK'
'69'G' VALENCIA SALOON c/w BMW 2.5 24valve and 5spd box 'JO'

red2000chris

#5 Post by red2000chris » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Well, im hoping to convert mine from non overdrive to overdrive, or poss sell it and get one with overdrive already. we shall see! :wink:
"life is great.....but no longer with a 2000