Double S Exhausts

Good suppliers you have used and trust. No naming and shaming. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Suppliers details can be posted here but are by recommendation only - no naming and shaming. 2. The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register does not endorse any company or product. Any recommendation stated on this forum is the personal experience and opinion of the individual only. 3. Suppliers/Traders are not permitted to post on this forum. 4. Any defamatory posts will be removed.
David Withers
Double S Exhausts

#1 Post by David Withers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:38 am

I gave a recommendation for stainless steel exhausts elsewhere on the forum, for Double S who are based in Cullompton, but this seems the proper place for it. Apologies for the near-repetition.

Double S are the only firm to have made a system that I've been totally happy with, this for a Vauxhall Royale Coupe (aka Opel Monza) some 15 years ago. I couldn't have been more pleased with the quality and service.

The price was also very good but that may have been because they made a mistake when quoting, the quote being given to me at their stand at a motor show and based on a Vauxhall Senator because they didn't have any reference to hand for a Royale Coupe.

They had to buy a mild steel system from the car maker as a pattern and this cost them more than their quote for the complete and quite complex SS system, but they honoured the quote despite my offer to pay more!

The worst system by far was one bought from a well-known Triumph parts retailer (not CW - I have no experience of his systems, though I expect they will be good).

t2000mk2
Newly registered

Re: Double S Exhausts

#2 Post by t2000mk2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 pm

I could not agree more, I bought my first Double S exhaust around 1985. It is still in use and is perfect. I have bought cars with Stainless pipes on but they are so thin they make a pinging sound around the front end, one I had was so thin it was hard not to believe there was a leak somewhere. Needless to say when I have fitted Double S exhausts all the problems go away.