Suppliers we use and trust

Good suppliers you have used and trust. No naming and shaming. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Suppliers details can be posted here but are by recommendation only - no naming and shaming. 2. The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register does not endorse any company or product. Any recommendation stated on this forum is the personal experience and opinion of the individual only. 3. Suppliers/Traders are not permitted to post on this forum. 4. Any defamatory posts will be removed.
Mike Stevens
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Suppliers we use and trust

#21 Post by Mike Stevens » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm

kevinw wrote:there's a sign that says "Portsmouth Traffic use BOTH lanes"
"Either, either, lets call the whole thing off"

Needs to be sung partly with an American accent!

Cheers,
Mike.
(South Oxfordshire)
Register Member No 0355
1971 2.5PI Saloon Sapphire blue
1973 2.5PI Saloon rust some Honeysuckle
1973 Stag French blue
(1949 LandRover was blue should be light green!)

martin k

#22 Post by martin k » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:50 pm

went to southern triumph services , bournemouth yesterday ....... excellent service even on minor part and nice people too nothing seemed 2 much trouble :D :D
you cant beat a sixpot.......2500tc in white

kevinw

#23 Post by kevinw » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Mark can chat for **hours** about Triumphs, and Rachel makes a mean cup of coffee and there's usually cakes or buns to be had. Mark replaced all the suspension bushes on my car, also the splines and it has made a huge difference to the car. Good quality work at a fair price. Usual disclaimers...

Kevin
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

Rob B

#24 Post by Rob B » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Ordered a set of driveshaft gaiters from Earlparts Ebay shop, delivered next day and it was less than £8 for the pair, including the cable ties and delivery! Cant be bad. They seem good quality too.

Jason
Groupie
Groupie

#25 Post by Jason » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:29 am

I've dealt with John Ostick in the passed and always found him to be top notch.

The majority of Triumph ownership has been of the small chassis cars. I don't hesitate to recommend Canley Classics and although Dave is a personal friend and I've been "involved" with the business for years it never ceases to amaze me how many 2000 & Stag parts he stocks. I needed a Stag calliper in a hurry for the WCR40 and mentioned it to Dave, he had one on the shelf (in fact he had several). Although 2000s aren't his core business he owns and runs several and it's his weapon of choice for day to day.

Chris Witor seems to be the main man
James Paddock have also been excellent over the years for price and service.
Earlpart came up trumps a few times in the past too.
Rimmers usually have stock, have glossy promos but check the prices, 20% discount on something that's 30% more expensive than everywhere else is not a bargain. That said, when they want to move stock, you can find a bargain.

It's all in the Blog

Jason
Groupie
Groupie

#26 Post by Jason » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 am

On the use of English and it's ambiguous meanings - saw this the other day :lol:
Attachments
Northampton_NHS.jpg

It's all in the Blog

Allen Walker

#27 Post by Allen Walker » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:45 am

Erm, yes.

Kind of 'discovered' Machine Mart the other day. In a fix, on a Sunday, when desperate for some tool or bit or something, I have always relied on Halfords because that's basically all that's available to me around here - or so I thought.
There is actually a Machine Mart about 2 miles from the house, which is also open on Sunday, which stocks virtually every tool you could imagine. Can't think why it hasn't occurred to me before.
Allen Walker
Hoole, Chester[/size]
Used to have a 1976 Triumph 2500S Saloon in BRG :-(

Jason
Groupie
Groupie

#28 Post by Jason » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 am

Good call Alan, we don't have a Machine Mart nearby but we do have a Tool Station and a Screwfix - quality isn't the greatest but for some stuff they just can't be beaten - parts washer for £40, beats my knackered PI pump and oil drum set up for tidiness :-)

It's all in the Blog

kevinw

#29 Post by kevinw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:05 pm

I can also vouch for good service from Machine Mart. A couple of good experiences based on "doing the right thing"

First time: I'd bought a small compressor from them some years ago when we had the coach business, mostly for inflating tyres, but also for running small tools. Went into the Southampton branch to purchase an air polisher. Then was told my compressor was too small to handle such tools and got the "they'll tell you anything to sell you a compressor" type story. Subsequently asked where I had purchased said compressor, I replied "right here, about 18 months ago!" And confirmed that I had specifically asked at the time if it would drive a sander or polisher. Upshot: they sold me an electric polisher for rather less than 50% of the on sale price (which was already about 20% below list) as a "goodwill" gesture.

Second time: I bought a torque wrench and after using it for the first time (cylinder head boolts on the boat engine), I released the torque to put it away. The end cap came off and the spring went flying. Phoned them up, explained what had happenned and said it might well have been my fault. They arranged for it to be collected the same day, shipped back to them and the following day a replacement arrived.

Above and beyond expectations on both occurrances. Usual disclaimers.

Kevin
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

Peter Douglas W

#30 Post by Peter Douglas W » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 am

I have found Rimmers very good if:-

You ask the right questions.
You tell them what part number you want.
You order all the attaching bits and pieces.
You do not let them think.

When one considers that many of the parts sold by different suppliers, all originate from the same manufacturer why do we make a quality comparisons?.
Peter Douglas Winn
A happy Triumph owner.