Suppliers we use and trust

Good suppliers you have used and trust. No naming and shaming. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Suppliers details can be posted here but are by recommendation only - no naming and shaming. 2. The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register does not endorse any company or product. Any recommendation stated on this forum is the personal experience and opinion of the individual only. 3. Suppliers/Traders are not permitted to post on this forum. 4. Any defamatory posts will be removed.
Allen Walker
Re: Suppliers we use and trust

#11 Post by Allen Walker » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:32 am

I shall add JDO to the links list. Sounds like a good firm.
Allen Walker
Hoole, Chester[/size]
Used to have a 1976 Triumph 2500S Saloon in BRG :-(

Charles H

#12 Post by Charles H » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 am

I have used him as well. First class service and good value! :D
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Cherry Red Mk1 2000 Rally Car
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Vermillion Red Spitfire 1500
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40
Silver Range Rover Vogue SE

Charles H

#13 Post by Charles H » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 am

Allen

I think we should have Footman James as one of our 'suppliers' in the insurance section. Multi vehicle as well as single vehicle. I can't recommend them enough! Link is http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/ Charles
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40

Rob B

#14 Post by Rob B » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Charles H wrote:Allen

I think we should have Footman James as one of our 'suppliers' in the insurance section. Multi vehicle as well as single vehicle. I can't recommend them enough! Link is http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/ Charles
I would check with Peter James insurance before going with FJ. I have had a fantastic experience with them and they could not be more friendly or helpful. FJ dont seem nearly so amenable towards younger drivers.

Rob B

#15 Post by Rob B » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:31 pm

I've had a mixed experience with Rimmers over the years but credit where credits due, i was in dire need of a replacement radiator cap, after a bit of a search i found Rimmers to actually be the cheapest for the part, ordered it at 11 am yesterday and it arrived this morning. Can't say fairer than that.

Charles H

#16 Post by Charles H » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:35 pm

This years renewal was over £300 cheaper with FJ! Additionally, I removed an old Passat from the policy and received over £200 back! :D Just goes to prove that you need to do your homework for your own specific needs. :wink:
Charles Harrison
Register member 3095
Folkestone
Mallard Blue 2.5PI
Sapphire Blue GT6 Mk3
Pimento Red TR6
Inky Blue VW Passat B5.5
Arctic Blue Jaguar XJ40

Cheesy

#17 Post by Cheesy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Huff wrote:I've had a mixed experience with Rimmers over the years but credit where credits due, i was in dire need of a replacement radiator cap, after a bit of a search i found Rimmers to actually be the cheapest for the part, ordered it at 11 am yesterday and it arrived this morning. Can't say fairer than that.
Glad you got sorted Rob.
Mark Blease
1966 Triumph 2000 Automatic White "Syd"

kevinw

#18 Post by kevinw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Can also add a company called "Alpha Batteries" http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/ to the list. They do mail order and are based around Rochdale. Verycompetitive pricing and first class customer service. I've used them a few times, both for cars and for the bus museum. What marks them out especially is the way they have dealt with a problem that ocured with a battery bought earlier this year.

Many of us will know how hard it can be to enforce a warranty claim on a battery. I bought a batch of 6 lorry batteries for the museum; 5 have been fine, but one has "boiled" for no obvious reason. Wasn't overcharged or anything. Phoned them up, explained what I had done to test (being an electronics engineer by background sometimes helps), no problem, sir, we'll get a replacement sent out to you. Didn't want the duff one back either - no point they said as I had tested it and given them the results.

Then it got interesting. The courier lost the replacement that was sent (how do you loose a battery weighing 30 kg?). No problem, a replacement sent even while the investigation into the lost one was being carried out. It turned out the wrong replacement had been sent, so the correct one was sent last night and arrived this morning at 07:30. I always think that one of the best ways to judge a business is how they react when things go wrong and these guys are first class.

Usual disclaimer - no connection with them at all other than as a very satisfied customer.
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

Allen Walker

#19 Post by Allen Walker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Ha ha, some people's branding does make me chuckle: "the UK's only car battery with an unbelievable lifetime warranty". I'll just have the believable warranty, thanks. :P
Allen Walker
Hoole, Chester[/size]
Used to have a 1976 Triumph 2500S Saloon in BRG :-(

kevinw

#20 Post by kevinw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Yeah, the believable warranty is pretty good, though

:wink:

"Nothing acts quicker than Anadin" - so if I have a headache, I''ll take nothing.

Hampshire County Council have similar problems. On one of the slip roads off the end of the M27, there's a sign that says "Portsmouth Traffic use BOTH lanes". So, do you drive down the middle of both lanes, or drive from one lane to the other? I'm told I'm just being obtuse, but it's what the sign says.
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250