wanted.... o/s and n/s front wood door cappings

Registered users may post ads for parts/spares here. No complete cars unless for breaking. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Strictly no trade advertisements - private ads only. 2. No complete cars (unless for breaking) must be advertised on here. Parts and spares only. Complete cars must be advertised via the main website only which is free for Members and £5 for non-members. 3. Maximum 4 pictures for any one ad. 4. Sensitive communication should be by Private Message - placing of personal information anywhere on this forum is done at the individuals risk.
glasgow north
wanted.... o/s and n/s front wood door cappings

#1 Post by glasgow north » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:53 am

I am looking for the two front wooden door cappings for 1973/4 triumph 2000.mine seem to have split for some reason,the others are all mint too

johnnydog

Re: wanted.... o/s and n/s front wood door cappings

#2 Post by johnnydog » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 pm

The front usually split if there is some water ingress through the front 1/4 light seals. Worth checking them but the ideal way is when it's raining! It also results in the bottom of the door cards rotting out too.
If it's just the laquer that has lifted, then it's not an impossible task to relaquer them, but all the old laquer needs to removed first. It is very thick and needs a lot of coats. I am sure you are aware that Mk2 door cappings are an egg shell or satin finish - the Mk1 had a high gloss finish.
If the veneer has lifted then the job is a lot more difficult, and replacements are probably the best way to go.
If you don't get fixed up beforehand, I can check what I spares I have but it won't be until the end of the month.
Register Member no. 1596

1967 Mk1 2000 in Gunmetal Grey
1969 Mk1 2000 in Royal Blue
1970 Mk2 2000 in Valencia Blue
1972 Mk2 2.5 PI in Triumph White
1973 Mk2 2.5 PI in Sienna Brown
1976 Mk2 2500S in Carmine Red

glasgow north

Re: wanted.... o/s and n/s front wood door cappings

#3 Post by glasgow north » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:10 pm

thanks for the reply