Wanted, a driver's door mirror MK2 1973

Registered users may post ads for parts/spares here. No complete cars unless for breaking. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Strictly no trade advertisements - private ads only. 2. No complete cars (unless for breaking) must be advertised on here. Parts and spares only. Complete cars must be advertised via the main website only which is free for Members and £5 for non-members. 3. Maximum 4 pictures for any one ad. 4. Sensitive communication should be by Private Message - placing of personal information anywhere on this forum is done at the individuals risk.
Gapples
Newly registered
Wanted, a driver's door mirror MK2 1973

#1 Post by Gapples » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi guys

I on the look out for a driver door mirror for my newly acquired MK2 2000.
As yet I've not been able to find one that matches the base of the mirror currently fitted.
However, on the front cover of this month's ( Oct ) Six appeal there is a photo, on that photo is a carmine red MK2, it's behind the brighter red car & that door mirror looks very like mine, only mine doesn't have the mirror & stalk, only the base.
Can anyone identify this Mirror please ? The screw distance apart is approximately 110mm

Graeme

johnconradlee

Re: Wanted, a driver's door mirror MK2 1973

#2 Post by johnconradlee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:07 pm

There's lots of different mirrors about.
TEX Automotive are quite common (and still available new), but unfortunately don't look like the ones on the car next to the pimento one on the front of six appeal (which looks damson to me). I reckon the mirror in question could be a Wingard or a Desmo possibly, but difficult to tell from a distance.
My suggestion would be to take the base of the one you have to an auto-jumble or the MG Triumph Spares Day at Stoneleigh, find a man with a box of door mirrors and have a rummage.
John Lee

1966 Triumph 2000 Mk1 "LuLU" (the Lee family Triumph) - various shades of Green and rust - The engine runs, she's alive!!!!