Wanted: main/dip sealed beam units

Registered users may post ads for parts/spares here. No complete cars unless for breaking. See forum rules.
Forum rules
1. Strictly no trade advertisements - private ads only. 2. No complete cars (unless for breaking) must be advertised on here. Parts and spares only. Complete cars must be advertised via the main website only which is free for Members and £5 for non-members. 3. Maximum 4 pictures for any one ad. 4. Sensitive communication should be by Private Message - placing of personal information anywhere on this forum is done at the individuals risk.
kevinw
Re: Wanted: main/dip sealed beam units

#31 Post by kevinw » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Or walk backwards around it three times carrying a black candle, chanting "Hail to Thee Princes of Darkness"
Kevin Warrington

No longer any Triumphs in the garage
but there is a bright red Mercedes SLK250

JimB

#32 Post by JimB » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 am

One day, I'll tell you all about how I had to reset the complete software in a prototype Phantom, several times, whilst driving it back to Munich from Frankfurt... It was late 2001, a couple of years before the car hit the market...

Mike Stevens
Site Admin
Site Admin

#33 Post by Mike Stevens » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 pm

JimB wrote:prototype Phantom,
I initially had this vision of an American fast jet being reset... :lol:

Cheers,
Mike.
Last edited by Mike Stevens on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(South Oxfordshire)
Register Member No 0355
1971 2.5PI Saloon Sapphire blue
1973 2.5PI Saloon rust some Honeysuckle
1973 Stag French blue
(1949 LandRover was blue should be light green!)

Richard B

#34 Post by Richard B » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Its happened before; :roll:
But while the simulated war games were a somewhat easy feat for the Raptor, something more mundane was able to cripple six aircraft on a 12 to 15 hours flight from Hawaii to Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan. The U.S. Air Force's mighty Raptor was felled by the International Date Line (IDL).

When the group of Raptors crossed over the IDL, multiple computer systems crashed on the planes. Everything from fuel subsystems, to navigation and partial communications were completely taken offline. Numerous attempts were made to "reboot" the systems to no avail.

Luckily for the Raptors, there were no weather issues that day so visibility was not a problem. Also, the Raptors had their refueling tankers as guide dogs to "carry" them back to safety. "They needed help. Had they gotten separated from their tankers or had the weather been bad, they had no attitude reference. They had no communications or navigation," said Retired Air Force Major General Don Shepperd. "They would have turned around and probably could have found the Hawaiian Islands. But if the weather had been bad on approach, there could have been real trouble.”
http://www.dailytech.com/Lockheeds+F22+ ... le6225.htm
Richard
Compulsive PI'er :) Daughters have Heralds. Son-in-laws have 2.5's

tony

#35 Post by tony » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:23 am

kevinw wrote:Or walk backwards around it three times carrying a black candle, chanting "Hail to Thee Princes of Darkness"
You lot are lucky........My Cortina has Lucas brakes. :cry:
Tony.
1976 2500 TC. converted to S specs.

Lots of bits

1999 BMW Z3.
2006 BMW 325ti.
Hopefully not needing too many bits.

torque2me

#36 Post by torque2me » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Mike Stevens wrote:
kevinw wrote:Lucas electricals and Microsoft software. What could possibly go wrong?
No problem. You just stop at the side of the road, give it the 3-fingered salute, reboot and carry on. That's what we do with our PCs after all...

Cheers,
Mike.
Or, you could actually use a solid fully protected o/s which M$ has not touched and bodged :wink: ;-)

Kev