Notts classic car and bike show.

What's happening in your area that may be of interest to users
CAR
Notts classic car and bike show.

#1 Post by CAR » Tue May 06, 2008 9:00 am

Went to this yesterday having seen it advertised on the club triumph forum, it was at Thoresby Park, near Ollerton.
Obviously the weather yesterday helped but it was a pretty good show. Lots of cars and bikes, an autojumble, food concessions and toilets.£6= for adults, £2 for kids and the more mature.
It was quite busy getting in, with synchronised overheating performed by two early mustangs who were travelling together. How can cars designed for the heat of America, have so many problems in this country on a pleasantly warm day?
I saw 3 mk1 saloons and the antipodean pale yellow mk2 which I believe belongs to Frank Ashton (I could be wrong though)
There is another show at Thoresby on the August bank holiday(25th) which if you pre-book and arrive before 11-30 gives free entry for two adults and any number of concessions.
Well worth a look, and very nice surroundings in Robin Hood country. They have finished the Clumber Park roundabout/junction upgrade on the A1 now too, so that is miles better.
Colin and Amanda Radford
Register Show Organisers and Directors
'75'N' 2500S CARMINE ESTATE France easter'09, RBRR'10,'12. TEAM 48 RBRR'16 'HOE'
'71'J' 2.5PI VALENCIA SALOON France easter'10, RBRR'14 'FRanK'
'69'G' VALENCIA SALOON c/w BMW 2.5 24valve and 5spd box 'JO'

Umquat

Re: Notts classic car and bike show.

#2 Post by Umquat » Tue May 06, 2008 10:46 am

Went to this show the last two years (without Triumph) but completely forgot this year. Barry my next door neighbour (really nice MGB GT BRG was there. As you say pretty good turn out and some nice motors to boot. Hopefully I'll get to Autokarna at Wollaton Park this year again in the Triumph and the other show at Thoresby.

Regards

Gavin