Classic Caravaning

What's happening in your area that may be of interest to users
david_lall
Classic Caravaning

#1 Post by david_lall » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Just got back from an absolutely fantastic week in Wales - although I had to nurse the Triumph home as the front o/s lower steering swivel needs replacing; an occasional knock rapidly became a disconcerting vibration/wobble on fast left handers and by the time we got home even more symptoms had become evident.Suffice it to say I won't drive the car until I've replaced the dodgy swivel!

Anyway, I've become aware of a very large classic caravan show in Europe; next year it's in Germany, near Stuttgart, celebrating its 25th year from 9th-12th May and the Triumph and Carlight will be going. Is anyone else interested in coming?
Attachments
DSC_0042 compressed.JPG
DSC_0041compressed.JPG
DSC_0040 compressed.JPG
David Lall

1972 Triumph 2.5 PI Estate Royal Blue
1968 MG 1300 Saloon Connaught Green
1978 Carlight Casetta Caravan
http://carlightrestoration.blogspot.co.uk
1995 Lada Riva 1.5 Estate Cherry

david_lall

Re: Classic Caravaning

#2 Post by david_lall » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

The gathering is organised by the following club: www.cocev.de

They have been going for 24 years so next year is the 25th anniversary. Each year the meet is in a different country and in recent years has been in Holland, France, Sweden and Germany. They attract in the region of 200 classic caravans from all over Europe and apparently around 60% are towed by classic cars. On one day of the gathering all modern cars are removed from the site, so there is a real nostalgic feel to the meet - which incidentally is always at a site with facilities and electric hook-up for those that want it.

I've had a look through the gallery and there is a European owned big Triumph, so hopefully if no-one else in the UK is interested, my car won't feel lonely!
David Lall

1972 Triumph 2.5 PI Estate Royal Blue
1968 MG 1300 Saloon Connaught Green
1978 Carlight Casetta Caravan
http://carlightrestoration.blogspot.co.uk
1995 Lada Riva 1.5 Estate Cherry