BRAKE BLEEDING-2.5S ESTATE.

Everything that keeps your car in contact with the road, and from contacting other road users.
Bazzamech
Groupie
Groupie

#1 Post by Bazzamech » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:34 pm

After replacing front discs and pads, rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes, I am puzzled as to where I should start the brake bleeding process!
In Triumph Repair Operations Manual, and Autobooks MK2 Manual, it says,\"Start by bleeding the front caliper nearest to the master cylinder first, and then bleed progressively away from the master cylinder.\"
In the Haynes Manual, it says,\"Bleed the rear brakes first, and start with the brake furthest away from the master cylinder.\"
Which is the correct proceedure to use? Can anyone help please?
Regards,...........Barry.

Alec

#2 Post by Alec » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:36 pm

<Kerio>
<id>
</>
Hello Bazz,
I have always followed the furthest from the master cylinder rule.
Alec
&nbsp;
<text>
<nopopups>

<Kerio>

Alan Chatterton

#3 Post by Alan Chatterton » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:28 pm

Same here. Start furthest away and work to the nearest.
I know use a large vacuum pump for bleeding brakes. I can best describe it has a very big needle (like they stick in you arm!) but with out the needle!!
You connect it to a bleed nipple with a piece of clear hose, open the bleed nipple and pull the plunger out. Out comes the air and the fluid in one shot! Close the nipple and move onto the next! Simple as that. Cost me about £3.00 at an autojumble and it\'s the best couple oif quid I have ever spent!
Alan
&nbsp;

Alec

#4 Post by Alec » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:18 am

Hello Alan,
that\'s a new one on me but so obvious now you mention it. I have a similar syringe, but I use it for filling gearboxes and back axles. I see no reason why it wouldn\'t work.
I normally use an Easy Bleed but getting a good seal can sometimes be a problem with subsequent messy leaks.
Thanks for the tip.
Alec<Kerio>
<text>
<nopopups>

<Kerio>

Peter Douglas W

#5 Post by Peter Douglas W » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:03 pm

I used to use&nbsp;a Mini-vac same principle. I have now got a professional bottle, with a one way valve. It is just easier doing it alone. I have now not got any access problems.