Wanted: alloy wheels

Everything that keeps your car in contact with the road, and from contacting other road users.
docdelete
Groupie
Groupie

#1 Post by docdelete » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi all,
I must admit I\'m getting a bit tired of trawling ebay for some wheels that combine cheapness with style! I\'m after some alloys for my 2.5 pi - ideally 14\" so I can re-use my nearly new tyres.
I\'m already running 2500s / stag alloys and am not overly happy with them (and the constant struggle to get them balanced). I\'ve tried TR6 steel wheels but found the extra outset made the car understeer too much for my liking, though the 60s retro racer look was fine!
If money were no object I\'d get a nice new set of 6x14 minilite wheels but cash is a bit tight. Even second hand MGB wheels of this style get silly money on The Bay.
I\'ve even considered some Datsun wheels but the offset is not really correct (I think the wheels would tend to tuck too far inboard), and those Rover 800 wheels just ain\'t \"period\".
Anyone got anything within striking / posting distance of the West Mids? I don\'t mind setting-to with the wire brush and spray paint. Minilite clones? Compo Revolutions would look good. Whatever.
Cheers, Ken.