revised G Thomas tuning manual

How do you improve the performance of your beastie?
vitessesteve
Groupie
Groupie

#1 Post by vitessesteve » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:28 am

I nearly missed a small ad in the TSSC magazine the Courier, well I am glad I did not.

I have just got my copy of the revised Tuning Manual from G Thomas, direct by airmail from Estonia. The post team at work used to cars parts turning up every now and then were impressed by the many stamps on the parcel.

It now has colour pictures and much revised text. The first impression on opening the parcel was disappointment it looks just like the original - bright yellow.

From my initial reading it looks like it will be a jolly good read. More info avaiable via his website: <A>http://www.jagclub.ru/triumph_news.html</A>
The book includes some intersting stuff implicable&nbsp;to the&nbsp;big saloons.

Alec

#2 Post by Alec » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:53 pm

Hello Steve, <br><br>&nbsp;I tried the weblink but could not get to a section where I could place an order?<br>Can you give me a link so that I can order a copy? I do have the original but would like to find out what new information he has?<br><br>many thanks, <br><br>Alec<br>

vitessesteve
Groupie
Groupie

#3 Post by vitessesteve » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:53 pm

Alec
I too have the original - this version is different.
He has another&nbsp;webpage at&nbsp;<A>www.jagclub.ru/triumph_tun.html</A>
Contact details:&nbsp; <A>admin@jagclub.ru</A>&nbsp; or SMS to +44 7762 149234&nbsp;
I paid him in euros via paypal but suggest he explains that to you.
&nbsp;

Alec

#4 Post by Alec » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Hello Steve, <br>Thank you for the reply.<br>The web site is interesting, particularly the pictures of Jaguar engines. I did wonder whether the exhaust design would work with a Jaguar (having a MK 2 myself).<br><br>I have sent an e-mail to the address and look forward to hearing from them.<br><br>Many thanks for the quick response.<br><br>Alec<br>

Alec

#5 Post by Alec » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Hello Steve, <br><br>out of interest, I have not had any reply to either -mail I have sent and looking at the jaguar.ru website is odd as it doesn\'t seem to do much, all I can get is a pop up \'blurb\' but no further and no sign of any Triumph content. Strange.<br><br>Incidentally G.Thomas was active on Kas Kastners website forum. He doesn\'t mince words and is quite dismissive of a lot of \'respected\' Triumph tuning companies. <br><br>Alec<br>

mikeyb

Re: revised G Thomas tuning manual

#6 Post by mikeyb » Tue May 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Incase anyone is interested,

I have tried to order a copy of Gareth's book but it appears he is all out.

Also due to problems on the CT forum (falling out with a mod i think) I believe he has deleted a huge chunk of all his comments, which is a shame for the technical stuff.
1977 2500s Saloon

1977Triumph on CT forum, mikeyb TSSC forum. and now you can read the blog! http://2500s.blogspot.com