Who’s got a glovebox light?

Other technical Issues with the Triumph 2000 range
sorbs

#1 Post by sorbs » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:59 pm

One thing thats been bugging me since I got my 2000 is that the glovebox light doesn\'t work.  Things like this really annoy me so I have finally got round to having a look.
There is a switch but its not connected to anything and there is no bulb / holder / wiring.  I\'d assumed that the bulb had just been pushed through the glovebox into the cavity behind, but thats not the case!  Doesn\'t look like there was ever one fitted.  Does anyone else have one - perhaps it was an extra?
The car is a 1969 mk2

David Withers

#2 Post by David Withers » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:05 am

I don\'t think I\'ve ever seen a glovebox light on our cars.  The switch is, I believe, just an economical way of making the lid spring out when the release button is pressed.

sorbs

#3 Post by sorbs » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:30 pm

Thats a shame, I recently fixed the boot light - the plunger had jammed down after years with the bootlid closed, but sprang up one day when I opened the boot. One bulb later (the lens is missing) and I had a working boot light. I didn\'t know there was meant to be a light until this happened!  I was hoping for a similarly easy fix with the glovebox.
There is a pre formed hole in the glovebox which looks like it was meant to accept a bulb holder but it looks like Triumph never got round to fitting them!